Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 03:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is easy to say, hard to implement. What if you're a cleric? Does it require hitting a mob? Getting on aggro table? Does a slow count? Does calming / mezzing adds count? Requires 24/7 GM to watch every kill or filter through a new petition every 28 mins?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. Even if kill participation is not hardcoded...just having a rule will get most people to do it, due to the threat of being /petitioned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is talking about a code change.

They just need to add 1 sentence in the rules: "Position #1 must participate in their kills or potentially be removed from their spot"
Don't hardcode anything. I'm suggesting the staff amend the rules to state that participation is required or you may be petitioned. Yeah, some people won't, but if they make a habit of it, they'll get booted.
Last edited by Videri; 11-22-2019 at 03:34 PM..
Old 11-22-2019, 03:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? I'll never understand this entitlement. Absence of charity is not hostility. You are not entitled to my mana, my buffs or my time complete stranger. You are an A-Hole for treating people this way. Do me a favor or you're a jerk. So manipulative.

My mana, my choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grakken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its extremely different. One is a random stranger. Another is a guildmate. I'd spend an entire weekend camping an item for a friend. I won't SoW a stranger.
Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

Pretty sure the issue is not other peoples entitlement; lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others.

Pretty sure the issue is not other peoples entitlement; lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lmao
Old 11-22-2019, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the #1 person on the list helped you kill the PHs, what exactly would have changed? Maybe they die a couple seconds faster, which would result in an extra PH/EE over weeks of the camp. Ultimately, no extra Manastones would result.

It's in everyone's best interest to kill the PH. Your solution, even if it's just a rule change, still requires GM intervention to actually enforce - which is exactly what they don't want.

As for requiring anyone on the list to be able to solo, you may as well put the requirement as level 50 to get on the /list for EE and Ghoul/Supp. Even that is too low for some classes.

There's no GM intervention required if a server wide player agreement is forged that at the very least the #1 player on a /list must participate in kills.

No one is really forcing anyone to sit there and solo it unless a person is truely being a dick, then its not a shock when that person gets to the top no one wants to help them.

Be kind to others and they will be kind to you when its your turn.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand how this still doesn't make sense to you - by not killing the mob you are increasing the length if time it will take for you to get your item, no matter your position on the list

By helping yourself you also help people in front of you. There is no downside.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:25 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidious77 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

This definition legit applies more to the person who demands I SoW them because they asked than me not giving a SoW to a random stranger.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
This definition legit applies more to the person who demands I SoW them because they asked than me not giving a SoW to a random stranger.
Ah yes, the made up situation that no one is talking about somehow proves your "point"
Old 11-22-2019, 04:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ah yes, the made up situation that no one is talking about somehow proves your "point"
It was in his quote, used to diagnose me. So he was talking about it ... .
Old 11-22-2019, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
It was in his quote, used to diagnose me. So he was talking about it ... .
... yes, he quoted you, who had made up some hypothetical scenario. Try to keep up.
Old 11-22-2019, 04:55 PM
Kobold

Quote:
... yes, he quoted you, who had made up some hypothetical scenario. Try to keep up.
I am refuting his point about me with the very hypothetical situation he used? How could I NOT use this hypothetical situation to refute his point? To do anything to the contrary would be doing exactly what you are accusing me of doing.
Closed Thread