Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 02:12 AM
Planar Protector

Lindsey Graham dishes on Trump in hoax calls with Russians.

The substance of Graham’s conversation with Stolyarov, who was posing as Turkish Defense Minister Hulusi Akar, is newly relevant in light of the South Carolina senator’s push for sanctions on Turkey as punishment for their offensive against the Kurds in northern Syria. Graham labeled the Kurds a “threat” to Turkey in the call, seemingly contradicting what he has said publicly in recent days.

“Everything I worried about has come true, and now we have to make sure Turkey is protected from this threat in Syria. I’m sympathetic to the YPG problem, and so is the president, quite frankly,” Graham told the pranksters.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Apple pulls Hong Kong app used by protesters after China warning

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-11-2019 at 10:07 AM..
Old 10-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Seems like they're just saying fuck it at this point.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Federal appeals court rules against President Donald Trump, orders financial records turned over to House.

In a 2-1 ruling, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit upheld a lower court ruling saying the firm must turn over eight years of accounting records.

The opinion is a strong signal that the White House's letter earlier this week refusing to cooperate with the impeachment probe without a full House vote authorizing it would not hold up in court. The court specifically weighed in on this idea, writing it has "no authority" to require the House to take a full vote in support of a subpoena to investigate the President, citing the Constitution.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Banned

How do you recognise a foundation myth? It fulfils three functions. 1)It explains the origin and structure of the world (and society). 2)It defines ultimate good and evil (and from those definitions are derived the values that are used to justify the holding of power). 3)It determines what is held sacred in that society. For modern Westerners the story of WWII has become their foundation myth. It fulfils all three functions. 1)We live in the ‘Post-War World’. The lines on the map, the institutions, the sense of what era we live in, all arise from the starting point of WWII. 2)Ultimate evil is Nazis. Ultimate good is opposing Nazis. The values derived from these definitions are anti-racism, equality, diversity, anti-nationalism and so on. 3)The only thing that is held sacred, that cannot be denied or mocked in the contemporary West, is the Holocaust. The problem is that all three functions are backwards or negative. Instead of the origin event being one of fertility and new life, it was a conflagration of death and destruction. Instead of ultimate good taking the central position in the story that slot is occupied by ultimate evil. Everyone knows that Adolf Hitler, the personification of evil, holds the centre point of the WWII story. Instead of that which is held sacred being something mysterious and sublime it (the Holocaust) is an obscenity. Having a negative foundation myth means the tree of life for Westerners is poisoned.
Last edited by Teppler; 10-11-2019 at 12:39 PM..
Old 10-11-2019, 12:44 PM
Planar Protector

TREPUM
Old 10-11-2019, 12:45 PM
Planar Protector

I disagree. That may be the USA's 'foundation myth' for its real entrance onto the world stage, finally being more than just an abandoned, rebellious sugar plantation colony.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Our foundation myth is all the way back in 1776, and your low-effort copypasta is terrible.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

The White House accidentally sent talking points to House Democrats again.

The White House on Friday sent around a list of talking points on Marie Yovanovitch, the former U.S. ambassador to Ukraine who testified before Congress as part of its impeachment inquiry. The only problem? The talking points may have also gone out to to House Democrats, ABC News' Ben Siegel reports.
Old 10-11-2019, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Teppler probably also believes vaccines give you autism, the moon landing was faked, and the world is flat.
Closed Thread