Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default Odd half-linkdead state?

Anyone else run into it where you'll be, say, casting a spell, then you seem to be going LD? Your spell never finishes, you can't try to sit or camp or take any other actions because the client thinks you're still casting a spell, melee messages stop appearing in windows but sprites keep swinging, spells will continue to tick down and wear off in your buff window, other PCs actually still move around, stop pause start moving again not just run past in a straight line.

What the hell is that? How am I getting updates from the server showing me players moving but I'm frozen and the NPC I'm fighting just sits here trying to swing at me but never hitting or anything, etc?

It's been several minutes and I'm still stuck in this state. It isn't actually LDing me, but it isn't giving me back any control of my character either. And just now when I finally /ex to quit and started it back up, it's still telling me I have an active character going.

At least I didn't die this time I guess. Oh, and it looks like the game received signals from me somewhat still too, because two of my buffs that had a lot of time remaining on them actually clicked off and stayed off despite me not being able to do anything else like move, cast, camp, issue pet messages, etc.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-22-2019 at 12:04 AM..
Old 11-22-2019, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Yes, this happened to me yesterday.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:31 AM
Orc

Default Yep

Happened to me also tonight
Old 11-22-2019, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

I believe that's called being desynced. The game does continue without you - mobs catch up to you and continue hitting you. If you get desynced while in combat, you often die. I do not know if other players see you as LD or not. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can advise us.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:05 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I get this issue all the time on green. It mostly happens when I take the eqwindow away from my active window in Windows. I would make a habit of keeping eq as the active window and don't alt-tab around during downtime until its fixed. Not 100% sure on this, but this has helped me.

Also, I've gotten desynced enough times to know that when it happens, you can still run zoneline sometimes. My friend would say they saw me run to zoneline with no LD when it happened.
I feel like this desync is different than blue, but I can't say for certain.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:07 AM
Banned

i got this all night tonight whenever I ran twitch.tv in another window
Old 11-22-2019, 02:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshi235 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get this issue all the time on green. It mostly happens when I take the eqwindow away from my active window in Windows. I would make a habit of keeping eq as the active window and don't alt-tab around during downtime until its fixed. Not 100% sure on this, but this has helped me.

Also, I've gotten desynced enough times to know that when it happens, you can still run zoneline sometimes. My friend would say they saw me run to zoneline with no LD when it happened.
I feel like this desync is different than blue, but I can't say for certain.
Running EQ in windowed mode can fix this problem. You do end up with the title bar, but it means you can safely alt tab.
I usually get dysnced when my internet connection craps out because everyone is watching Netflix.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe that's called being desynced. The game does continue without you - mobs catch up to you and continue hitting you. If you get desynced while in combat, you often die. I do not know if other players see you as LD or not. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable can advise us.
This. Happened to me tons with old internet, I'd get a hiccup, and that desynced me and caused this. It can also happen in huge traffic with lots of players and lots of melee and spells and such going on, turning off other player melee/spells helps some, long as we ain't talking 300 player Trakanon poopsocks of legend.

/Q out immediately, nothing much else you can do. Maybe run to a safer spot first since your LD AI will take control.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:15 AM
Planar Protector

Happened on blue to a few people I know this week as well, don't think its just a green/teal issue.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:16 AM
Sarnak

same happens to me - zoning out seems to sometimes resync and other times completely disconnect. better than being dead
Closed Thread