Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Default /List Server Ruleset Should Consider Tweaks

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...26&postcount=1

Maybe it was slight oversight but the current trend is there will be people on the /list refusing to do any sort of participation in the slaying of the Placeholders for the camp they signed up for.

I understand why this wasnt written into the rules initially as its somewhat intrusive however the /list system already demands you be at your keyboard so theres really no reason members of the list should be forever excused from participating since they are obviously avail to do more than click a box, sometimes being at their computer for 40+ hours before they move away from a hiding spot ( as what just happened yesterday).

I won't name names but recently this week there was a person on Manastone list who rose all the way to #1 without killing a single Placeholder ( or assist in the kill) for 40 hours. Then when he became the top of the list, he still refused to leave his racially hid AFK spot despite typing to us telling the group we were bullying him when he had told us he would only begin to kill the PH when he was #1.

His initial PH sit up, summon a pet and buff itself as he refused to do anything about and it wasnt until he was petitioned by the entire group that he finally walked over to the spawn point and demanded to be invited to the group ( despite us pleading him to join for many hours).

I feel its a simple fix here. Just write into the rules that #1-3 should participate in killing the PH. Its absurd that the #2 or #1 guy can just force those below him to kill the placeholder for the list they signed up for. What are you signing up for if not to participate with others.

These list camps become small communities where people somewhat have to band together to get the line moving as fast as possible. People like this guy have potential to really ruin what the /list system has tried to set up which is mainly forced teamwork.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

I agree. Even if kill participation is not hardcoded...just having a rule will get most people to do it, due to the threat of being /petitioned. Once one or two people get removed from the list by GMs for not helping to kill their own PHs, the community will remember.

Secondly, what can the reason for this nonparticipation possibly be? They can't go afk for long, so they might as well fight. And surely no one is sitting out for live frog faction? Just go to the Dead Side and kill a thousand frogs if you want, or buy an invis potion, or train through UGuk to get to LGuk (half the mobs stay dead anyway). How many times do people intend to run through UGuk on their 35+ character?
Old 11-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

The fact of the matter is that the list is different from the camp. The list doesn't necessarily mean you are camping the spawn, nor that you are seeking the camp the spawn. The list is just who gets the next drop. So a group could be there camping for EXP (if for some reason they just cared about EXP and not the drop) and you could be on the list and get the drop.

What that means is that there's no obligation from anybody on the list to do anything with respect to kill PHs or the EE. Now, I could see an argument for saying that person number 1 on the list needs to be killing the mob if there's not a group there XPing (to avoid someone bottlenecking the list by refusing, or otherwise being unable, to kill the mob(s)), but there's no reason that anyone else on the list needs to help.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

This is easy to say, hard to implement. What if you're a cleric? Does it require hitting a mob? Getting on aggro table? Does a slow count? Does calming / mezzing adds count? Requires 24/7 GM to watch every kill or filter through a new petition every 28 mins?

Remember, the whole point of list is to minimize GM involvement. It is not there to guarantee loot or for player headaches.

Really the answer is to not be assholes to each other, but we all know thats apparently not the p99 player mindset.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

The simple fix is to swallow your pride and just kill the damn thing. It's in your best interest to.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:54 PM
Kobold

List is new. Have some patience as kinks are discovered.

Rules need to cover this point. What they are doing doesn't violate the rules. Its irritating.

IMO: make the rule define /list 1 must engage PH in a "reasonable" time frame. list 1 has the obligation to bring sufficient force to engage. List 2-X need only maintain AFK checks.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact of the matter is that the list is different from the camp. The list doesn't necessarily mean you are camping the spawn, nor that you are seeking the camp the spawn. The list is just who gets the next drop. So a group could be there camping for EXP (if for some reason they just cared about EXP and not the drop) and you could be on the list and get the drop.

What that means is that there's no obligation from anybody on the list to do anything with respect to kill PHs or the EE. Now, I could see an argument for saying that person number 1 on the list needs to be killing the mob if there's not a group there XPing (to avoid someone bottlenecking the list by refusing, or otherwise being unable, to kill the mob(s)), but there's no reason that anyone else on the list needs to help.
This is how I interpreted it. the camp and the list are completely different entities.
Old 11-22-2019, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

This thread and all the other list threads are the same:

Trying to jump the line when you show up as #2+
Old 11-22-2019, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The simple fix is to swallow your pride and just kill the damn thing. It's in your best interest to.
This mentality is the free epic WoW mentality. I dislike it. Its exactly then mentality which makes me never want to play WoW and why I love early EQ.

This feels like raidfinder to me. Who cares there is a healer not healing, a DPS not DPSing. Its their free epic, just farm it for them.
Old 11-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nectarprime [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is how I interpreted it. the camp and the list are completely different entities.
This is such a moot point for EE. This distinction is only important for Ass\Sup.
Closed Thread