Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Was fighting a a blue con Cent in EC.. Buffs and my limited heal.. Had to LOH and STILL died.. To a BLUE MOB !!! Ridiculous..

Paladin of Tarew Marr
Old 10-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Aviak

Yes, people complained about melee hit rate. It seemed about right to me. However, what has seemed wrong from the first moment I got on this server is that monsters tend to almost never miss.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:19 AM
Fire Giant

I suffer from this. Its REALLY bad on monks, and i've mentioned before I don't see Dodges or Blocks in my combat log. Either that or there is 1 message per like 7 mobs and I just happen to not be looking every time it goes off.

Soloing light blues are very tough fights, dark blues almost impossible and when you do win even IF ITS A GREEN MOB, you are out of commission for a while because Mend is failing 50% of the time even when Mastered, and our evasion rate has to be like 5% lol.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 10-26-2009, 11:58 AM
Skeleton

I'm glad to read this case I thought I was going insane. I'm still a low level but blue mobs are routinely beating me down to under twenty percent hp, and seem to hit nine out of ten times. Happy to see I"m still sane and the problem has been addressed.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM
Aviak

Just another experience I thought I'd share with everyone.

I dueled against a Necromancer pet over the weekend (blue or even con, definitely wasn't yellow). Here's how it went;

I lost.

Even though my mend succeeded (very rare), even though I intimidated (feared) Gaberer, and bandaged myself while it ran away, it wasn't even close. In fact, by the time I was at 1/2 a bubble of life, Gaberer had over 3/4 of life left. I know Necromancer pets were good in classic, but not THAT good.

It was pretty funny anyway. Isn't Necromancer pet DW broken still too? I don't want to imagine what it would have been like with that included.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Orc

I decided to parse a few fights to give me an idea of what the problem was. I can't comment on AC vs the mobs ATK because after seing mob hit rate, the point was moot. but its painfully obvious that there is something wrong with the mob accuracy / player avoidance. At lvl 10 high greens/light blues seem to hit over 95% of the time. Dodge/parry worked occasionaly, but otherwise they almost never miss.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenudil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I decided to parse a few fights to give me an idea of what the problem was. I can't comment on AC vs the mobs ATK because after seing mob hit rate, the point was moot. but its painfully obvious that there is something wrong with the mob accuracy / player avoidance. At lvl 10 high greens/light blues seem to hit over 95% of the time. Dodge/parry worked occasionaly, but otherwise they almost never miss.
I parsed some fight data as well. Level 11 Paladin versus greens and light blues. I fought nothing over level 7. In 23 fights (2 were light blue con) there are 186 attacks made against the paladin, 11 of them were misses, 4 were dodges. The mob hit rate was approx 92%. My character has a dodge rate of 2% with max skill. On the other hand my character did 73 attacks, 52 hit and 21 missed for a hit rate of 71%. On a green mob this seems off, even at the low level of 11. My hit rate however, seems to be about right.

-Nachyoz
Old 10-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachyoz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My hit rate however, seems to be about right.
Strangely enough, so is your dodge rate =o. 186*.02 = 3.72.

Any suggestions/code on defense? Can be implemented in short order on the /code half.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, math, 4/186 is approx 2% hence why I wrote the number [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. I am not sure how 2% dodge rate compares to classic live. Just throwing it out there for people who might. I don't remember how often my character dodged back in the day.

I should have clarified the overall hit rate *seems* to be too high. I remember on live at low levels you could have an "epic" fight of missing where NPC and PC would just miss 5+ times or more. I did a parse with a level 1 and a level 2 vs a level 12 paladin. Paladin not attacking.

Level 1 (decaying skeleton): 76 Attacks - 53 hits (69.7%) 23 misses
Level 2 (klicnik drone): 66 Attacks - 47 hits (71.2%) 19 misses

Both those NPCs are attacking a player 10 levels higher yet their hit rate is comparable to the paladin's hit versus things 4 or more levels below him.

As for the damage dealt. I encourage people to read how AC works before complaining that it doesn't work. AC does not simply reduce damage. This post has good information. At least in my experience it is working fine.

Just posting my experiences and data.

-Nachyoz
Old 10-26-2009, 10:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strangely enough, so is your dodge rate =o. 186*.02 = 3.72.

Any suggestions/code on defense? Can be implemented in short order on the /code half.
This may be the correct dodge rate for most melee classes - not for monks though. Monks are supposed to have an inherent bonus.
Closed Thread