Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Can you use track while meditating?
Old 09-22-2019, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amen brothers, devs/GMs/guides PLEASE throttle our connections to dial-up speeds, and PLEASE lock us to 800x600 full-screen only. It's extremely un-classic to let us use a modern internet connection and 1920x1080 resolutions, and they have significant impacts on our actual gameplay. THANK YOU STAFF!!
This is my main argument when people being up the "not classic" argument. It's best to leave the stupid shit out of the game. Everyone's stoked about having to stare at a spellbook, I'll be amazed to see how they feel 2-3 weeks after the server launches and they the nostalgia of spending 80% of their time staring at a goddamn blank screen wears off
Old 09-22-2019, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

So this is 2 bag limit, 6 buttons, +socials window & Inventory being open during open world play. Anything less than this and I think it would be less fun for the sake of authenticity.

For me, this is where I think it's a good compromise for UI. If one could use any resolution, and keep all these windows up in open world play, have inventory up and the social window. I dont think the inventory is classic though, or the social window for that matter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and I think without it I'd be sad. But Oh well.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 12:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some players seem to want things to be selectively classic based on what class they play, or how much they play, or their preferred UI or ...etc .. etc ..etc

WAY TO MANY negative posts and threads, I don't like this... I don't like that... change this , change that..

Devs , Gms , guides and others have put a lot of work into giving us a place to play old school EQ = Thank You to all of those people who have worked on p99 the past 10 years.

Maybe the best thing to do is make green as close to the 99 release as possible and let the chips fall where they may.

........But For Christ sake to many of the playerbase needs to stop with the whining.
This is such a puzzling comment, given Rogean literally asked the playerbase in the thread title. Nice effort though, C+.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Check your PM's Jib.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is my main argument when people being up the "not classic" argument. It's best to leave the stupid shit out of the game. Everyone's stoked about having to stare at a spellbook, I'll be amazed to see how they feel 2-3 weeks after the server launches and they the nostalgia of spending 80% of their time staring at a goddamn blank screen wears off
Play a melee then?
Old 09-22-2019, 12:43 PM
Sarnak

Resolution is higher that 640x480?? Not Classic!!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was a deliberate decision by the original design team related to power balance with casters, and in Vanilla at least the concern of how powerful spell casters would be was very well founded. In expansions less so, but by then any serious player is 35+ and would be able to power an alt to 35 pretty fast.

EQ is something that was greater than the sum of its flawed and now technically obsolete parts. The more that those original aspects were removed in favor of accessibility and quality of life the more of the game's magic was lost. Other design decisions were at play as well but much of the "classic feel" people talk about was intrinsic to a confluence of design choices that are nothing but a nuisance when examined one at a time in a vacuum.

I realize from a powergamer standpoint all this sounds like some stupid romantic purist nonsense, but some of us are really here to come back to classic EQ as close as possible to the way it was. Some of us really do think that old, flawed, pain in the ass EQ in a "warts and all" state represents something that's been lost in game design.

This absurd attempt to draw equivalence with broadband speeds and CRT monitors is asinine. Everyone back then had differing hardware too, some had college T2 lines while others had 28.8 modems peaking at 14.4 speed, some had better computers than others, everyone's ping was different, etc. Those differences still exist, the devs can't account for hardware, but they can strive for the most accurate representation of what the software did, with certain compromises based on player behavior like the 25 mob limit.
Last edited by Fammaden; 09-22-2019 at 12:56 PM..
Old 09-22-2019, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

My two cents, the spell book med window is unnecessary and was eventually removed. Let's be done with it (and not have it).

P99 - Blue
Lafael - Druid - Level 60
Garnagle - Necro - Level 57
Seductress - Enchanter - Level 52
Sweets - Bard - Level 35
Venexia - Shaman - Level 60
Wonderelf - Warrior - Level 51
Old 09-22-2019, 12:50 PM
Fire Giant

Love it Rogean! Bring on as much classic as you guys can. We play here because of changes like this. Don't listen to the whiners. People forget how hard playing casters was, and one of the reasons I always played melee in classic.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Closed Thread