Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2019, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

Guys, book until level 35 IS NO BIG DEAL. This is how we all leveled back then and it was allright.

It took us ages to hit 35 back then, too. Here it's a matter of a few days.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Personally, I just want a fresh start on a new server, and I feel that this is by far the most classic potential of the Green server. However, if I'm forced to stare at the spellbook while meditating, then I'll pass on Green because, for me, there's a point where such limitations rob the game of its entertainment... but that's okay. This isn't my project, and I'm not the one making the decisions.
Feel exactly the same. Been really excited for Green, but this isn't part of my nostalgia that I'd like to revisit. "Classic" isn't, and never has been, my interest in this server. If people are happy about this, great! I'm just not one of them.

Hopefully it's optional. If not, see you guys in Pantheon.
Old 09-22-2019, 05:50 PM
Banned

OP is feeling out the sentiment prior to making a change because Green launch can't be a test run like pet windows and secondary ability bar removal was.

OP advertised Green launch, apparently on Facebook ads as well as Kotaku. Advertisement implies a desire to grow player base. Paying to grow playerbase implies a desire to grow donation revenue. Nostalgia is powering the MMO market right now and OP wants to benefit from this trend. Asking the question here to gauge response is a reasonable course of action although I don't think forum users reflect the potential playerbase growth; merely the current revenue base. OP seems to want to reduce reliance on the current revenue base. I would guess spellbook meditate will not win playerbase growth but it's not my project. I'll be interested to find out.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP is feeling out the sentiment prior to making a change because Green launch can't be a test run like pet windows and secondary ability bar removal was.

OP advertised Green launch, apparently on Facebook ads as well as Kotaku. Advertisement implies a desire to grow player base. Paying to grow playerbase implies a desire to grow donation revenue. Nostalgia is powering the MMO market right now and OP wants to benefit from this trend. Asking the question here to gauge response is a reasonable course of action although I don't think forum users reflect the potential playerbase growth; merely the current revenue base. OP seems to want to reduce reliance on the current revenue base. I would guess spellbook meditate will not win playerbase growth but it's not my project. I'll be interested to find out.
Do you wear your tin foil hat everyday or just on the weekends?
Old 09-22-2019, 06:52 PM
Sarnak

Posted in another thread, "We shouldn't be starting any new servers until we get the viewport UI fully functioning and required. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]"
Old 09-22-2019, 07:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Feel exactly the same. Been really excited for Green, but this isn't part of my nostalgia that I'd like to revisit. "Classic" isn't, and never has been, my interest in this server. If people are happy about this, great! I'm just not one of them.

Hopefully it's optional. If not, see you guys in Pantheon.
I'm betting that the people that actually care about accurately recreating "classic" are like 1% of the population that are extremely active on the forums. I play on P99 because it's populated and stable, and I'm interested in green because it's a fresh start on a server that will be populated, stable, and importantly won't have a busted economy like Blue.

What "classic" means to me is a small group of game developers trying to make the best graphical MUD that they can. Turning off graphics for the majority of my gameplay in the pursuit of "historical accuracy" goals is insane to me, not "classic" as I define it, and I won't roll on Green if it's not optional either. I'll see you in Pantheon too if this ends up being the case [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-22-2019, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

The more time you spend here the more patterns you see.

And the one thing that always getts me is they always say "Ill see you in panthion"

no you wont I am not leaving lol
Old 09-22-2019, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Turning off graphics for the majority of my gameplay in the pursuit of "historical accuracy" goals is insane to me, not "classic" as I define it, and I won't roll on Green if it's not optional either. I'll see you in Pantheon too if this ends up being the case [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You spend the majority of your gameplay in everquest under lvl 35?
Big oof.
Old 09-22-2019, 08:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbstractVision [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You spend the majority of your gameplay in everquest under lvl 35?
Big oof.
Oh yeah, my favorite part of this has been half of y'all historical accuracy guys saying "this is MANDATORY for class balance", and the other half saying "it's only until level 35! who cares!".
Old 09-22-2019, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm betting that the people that actually care about accurately recreating "classic" are like 1% of the population that are extremely active on the forums. I play on P99 because it's populated and stable, and I'm interested in green because it's a fresh start on a server that will be populated, stable, and importantly won't have a busted economy like Blue.
Well said; I find your analysis compelling. For myself, I suspect the group that donates the most wins and whether or not this, uh, feature is mandatory on Green will let us know which group won.
Closed Thread