Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as we speak green server is pulling numbers that would make a redfriend cringe

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

big yikes if true
Why would I spend my time on green beta? I'm gonna play the real thing when it comes out. I know what I'm in for.

You should work on 840/840 instead of posting things like this.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccallawazzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>>>More people playing a beta server that they know will be wiped in a week than have been on red in years. Ouch.

haha I know nobody here has any balls and its been that way for years. p1999 is just for girls.
Yeah, can't imagine why more people don't want to play in a cesspool populated with people who's identity is wrapped up in how well they elf sim fight to the point that they think everybody who doesn't want to play with them (which, in case you haven't noticed, is almost everybody) is just scared of them.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People logged in, created an Enchanter, got them to level 8 in 15 minutes, then they realized they were going to have stab another 300 decaying skeletons with their starting dagger just to afford some spells, then they logged off. I would see this all day in Nek, 10 enchanters, 6 necros, 2 mages and gone and replaced by another crew the next day.
I don't have an opposing anecdote. I just found it interesting that the average decline in Blue's pop was roughly the same as Beta's average pop. If there were an additional group of "oh gosh there's a classic EQ server" logging in and logging off all day, the average pop would logically be somewhat higher, or so I should think. My own anecdote is that I've tried three different early leveling paths to get a feel for what quests to look at, which give bags, etc. I figured more Blue people would be doing the same or just playing for the hell of it, which I certainly find more interesting than (my own usual habit for killing time) porting on Blue.
Old 10-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Banned

remember they had to CLOSE blue to get ANYONE to beta the velious content, people are afraid of getting burnt out on betas
Old 10-21-2019, 04:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
remember they had to CLOSE blue to get ANYONE to beta the velious content, people are afraid of getting burnt out on betas
I'd argue Green Beta is a lot different though. You have to acclimate to a new ruleset and even UI. Testing "Velious content" is wandering through enormous white zones to find out that yep, that mob does indeed have an enormous HP pool.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd argue Green Beta is a lot different though. You have to acclimate to a new ruleset and even UI. Testing "Velious content" is wandering through enormous white zones to find out that yep, that mob does indeed have an enormous HP pool.
i'd agree, testing velious was much more convenient and simple and people still wouldn't do it, so it's not surprise they aren't lining up for green beta either
Old 10-21-2019, 06:01 PM
Sarnak

I can't speak for anyone else, and I realize this is a troll thread, but I haven't played Green BETA at all, and plan on playing Green when it releases as my main (and probably only) server.

I know a few others who are in the exact same mindset as me too, and I don't really talk to all that many people. So....
Old 10-21-2019, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

OP can't stop talking about red, who'd have guessed this would come up? <3
Old 10-21-2019, 08:22 PM
Banned

move to resloVeD
Old 10-22-2019, 11:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccallawazzle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
>>>More people playing a beta server that they know will be wiped in a week than have been on red in years. Ouch.

haha I know nobody here has any balls and its been that way for years. p1999 is just for girls.
What is sad is that this nerd posted this 100% unironically. Gross!