Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-22-2020, 04:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm still having this issue. I've updated to v53. Moved each file over one by one etc. Still can't log in. Get the same spells_us.txt (731221104) error. Has anyone come up with a solution yet?
Old 05-23-2020, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

the other time it happens when ur antivirus program eats the dsetup.dll file. mark the file as "safe" in your antivirus program, and then replace it from the patch files
Old 05-23-2020, 03:56 PM
Kobold

Default same problem

yeah i simply can't get in!
Old 05-30-2020, 06:09 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Happening to me as well ever since updating the patch - a clean Titanium install, along with a piece-by-piece patching of an older update (v 46) got me back to normal, but of course I can't play while outdated.

Tried the same with v 53 and I get that same spells_us error mentioned here. I figured I'd wait for the next patch to see if that fixed it?
Old 07-23-2020, 06:30 PM
Aviak

This happened to me after I loaded EQ EMU (EQ emulator). For some reason, EQ EMU moved my spell_us.txt file to a backup folder and replaced the same file with one that doesn't work. I copied the old file, which was under the EQ EMU folder, back into my game folder and it worked again.

Just as a test, I tried running EQ EMU again and it did the same thing all over again.
any HELP?
Old 08-03-2020, 05:36 AM
Skeleton

Ran into this error as well. Tried re-adding most recent patch files to no avail. Extracted ONLY the spells_us.txt file from patch file to EQ directory and that did the trick. It reset all of my settings but I was able to successfully login without running into the error. Hope this helps!

Edit: Well shit.. Only able to log onto green. Still get the same error when trying to log into Blue.
Last edited by Grilledcheezus; 08-03-2020 at 05:40 AM..
Old 08-03-2020, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

I'm not sure if this will work 100% but I log in fine on red/blue/green with it.

It's a cloud version of the latest spells_us.txt

If you're looking at a more recent patch after this has been posted, its not going to work <3 (we're on Patch V53)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19bJ...ew?usp=sharing
Old 08-03-2020, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilledcheezus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ran into this error as well. Tried re-adding most recent patch files to no avail. Extracted ONLY the spells_us.txt file from patch file to EQ directory and that did the trick. It reset all of my settings but I was able to successfully login without running into the error. Hope this helps!

Edit: Well shit.. Only able to log onto green. Still get the same error when trying to log into Blue.
Try logging into red, it should be on the same version of spells... if it works there then there's something odd going on.
Old 08-23-2020, 03:00 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure if this will work 100% but I log in fine on red/blue/green with it.

It's a cloud version of the latest spells_us.txt

If you're looking at a more recent patch after this has been posted, its not going to work <3 (we're on Patch V53)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19bJ...ew?usp=sharing
Hella delayed response but this worked! Thanks for the assist.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:22 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Same issue.

manually put each file into the folder, as suggested, still have the error.