Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not vouching for a straight rotation, instead it would certainly be nice if guilds did that whole "tracking" and "mobilization" thing that was so popular before. Hell, even pseudo-rotation combined with tracking, movement and engagement would require more "effort" than what we have now. This whole "Time = Effort" argument you're trying to put forth just doesn't hold water. Leaving your PC on unattended isn't effort, it's a huge flaw in what you seem to perceive as your impervious rule. The fact that you're not conceding that you're wrong is absolutely mind-boggling. You're so obstinate-minded that you seem completely delusional. The only possible reasoning behind your thinking is that perhaps you're gaining from this and would like it to continue or you have no idea what the hell is going on... Either way you're wrong. Find another thread to troll or go back to RnF
If you think I am advocating afk camping, maybe you should take a look around the forums again.
I even proposed a system much like you described over a month ago before the poopsocking reached critical mass.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

jesus H fucking christ LOL. Supreme, you're fucking high. LET IT BE 20 DAYS VARIANCE! k?

Variance is exactly 2.5 days to 3.5 days for 3 days spawns and 6 to 8 days for 7 days spawns. There's no IF here. It is what it is!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
actually lets do it more reasonable. Put the spawn timer to be +/-168 hours so it spawns on a 14 day cycle.

That means anything could really spawn at any time. Right now it is too easy to Camp CT for 4 days then move to Innoruuk without the timers overlapping.

That is how you kill POOPSOCKING.
LOL. No, you don't kill poopsocking by tweeking the dumb system that made it happen. You kill poopsocking by taking away the rule that makes it viable - 15 people holds claim to a boss mob. Variance, ok if you must, variance + 15 people rule = dumbest eq raid scene evar. At this point, variance doesn't really add much except to ensure that nobody knows when the mob spawns (pointless in light of current tactics.)

I can assure you that nobody whose toon is locked up in these endless camps would miss poopsocking. Sadly the player base is not empowered to change things because 15 people in a zone holding the rights to the boss IS THE ONLY GM ENFORCED RULE regarding raid targets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind View Post
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronjer View Post
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Fire Giant

In case this got lost in all of the
'lol no u'
'no U'
'NO U!!!'

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...6&postcount=60

Summary: Perma camping a mob was considered zone disruption, camping was not recognized by gms.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad to see most of us agree that we need to do something about the poopsocking.

I don't care what the alternative is, as long as it reintroduces competition. If IB or DA - or even WI now - win all the mobs competitively...more power to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can assure you that nobody whose toon is locked up in these endless camps would miss poopsocking.
Poor argument. You can't claim to know what another person would feel, think or like to do. Furthermore if this was the case that 100% of all players wanted to do away with permacamping, you would already have seen the pendulum swing back toward tracking and mobilization.

Oh, and it's not the ONLY rule enforced by the GMs regarding raid targets. There's plenty of others, especially regarding the calling of timers in particular. This is on top of the usual server rules which consistently get put under strain and come under scrutiny by the raiding community.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Sarnak

I still don't see how having all 4 bosses spawn at the exact same time as each other wouldn't fix a lot of this.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Poor argument. You can't claim to know what another person would feel, think or like to do. Furthermore if this was the case that 100% of all players wanted to do away with permacamping, you would already have seen the pendulum swing back toward tracking and mobilization.
You fail to understand that there might be a motivation for killing bosses, and that motivation does not go away simply because there is a dumb rule in place that you either follow, or you don't kill the boss.

I do know that without the rule, the camps would end.

Quote:
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
10 years ago I split up as well with my ex gf over EQ. Didn't even realize her move out, as I was raiding at this time.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do know that without the rule, the camps would end.
No, no you don't.

First to engage would still see it happening, just maybe not to the extent it is now. Why? Because FTE still rewards the behaviour because of the edge it provides by being able to tackle it first.

The only way to end camping is to have it hold little to no advantage at all in a claiming process.
Old 07-23-2010, 11:45 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still don't see how having all 4 bosses spawn at the exact same time as each other wouldn't fix a lot of this.
Troy, it would. It's also non-classic. The only time that happened was at server restart - and I'm fine with simulating that because we get less spawns than on any classic server. But as par for the course its BS.

If I wanted to play on something that messed with classic EQ rules Id go play on one of the other servers. That isn't supposed to be why we are here.

Quote:
I <3 detriment.
Quote:
Closed Thread