Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 06:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skope [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But even with the rules we have now we've seen GM interference, and the majority of it stemming from the two guilds who are doing all the camping. Considering the kind of crap we've seen (from ninjalooting, to training and intentional zone crashing) nothing short of some serious ban hammers or a guild disband will teach them to play nice.
Quoted for truth.

I was close to saying I want a rotation, but then I remembered that only the hardcore should be getting the raid mobs. It looks like there are some people on this server who just want it more than others.

Poopsock or go home =(
Old 07-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

I like the full variance idea.

My idea is making camping illegal (SS of camping results in warning/suspension) but 15 still claims once a boss is spawned.

Pure FFA's problem is that multiple guilds would camp without a claim, and then who knows who tagged first. Headache for the GMs to clean up.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noleafclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My idea is making camping illegal (SS of camping results in warning/suspension)
rofl.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:08 PM
Large Rat

wouldn't simply removing the 30 minute of 'free time' after a boss spawn take care of a lot of issues? No incentive to afk camp if another guild can zone in when it spawns and say pull now or we are going to. Guilds could still camp the spawn, but if they were not ready to pull when it spawned, another guild could take the prize.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

if you are sitting more then 15 minutes in an area without casting a spell / fighting or typing you get flagged "AFK", if you are AFK for another 15 minutes you get disconnected from the server ... tada 80% of the campers go LD every 30 minutes....
Old 07-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if you are sitting more then 15 minutes in an area without casting a spell / fighting or typing you get flagged "AFK", if you are AFK for another 15 minutes you get disconnected from the server ... tada 80% of the campers go LD every 30 minutes....
There are some easy ways to avoid that and unfortunately it would be through the use of third-party programs. It also doesn't solve the the inherent problem of poopsocking, either. it would require more GM scripting and more work for them to do, which isn't what we're looking for, either.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quoted for truth.

I was close to saying I want a rotation, but then I remembered that only the hardcore should be getting the raid mobs. It looks like there are some people on this server who just want it more than others.

Poopsock or go home =(
There are 4 guilds that are "poopsocking". Given another week that number could be 5. That will then force guilds to camp a boss even AFTER they just killed it.

The rotation needs to be such that there are standards set to even be consider part of the rotation. There also must some kind of spawn variance (which we have) and then some kind of restrictive window of opprotunity.

The problem you guys had with rotation was not that Trans was getting "spoon fed" it was that Naggy could spawn and it would be left up until it was convenient for us to kill and vice versa. This was an inherit problem that could have easily been fixed by simply adding a 2 hour opportunity window. This window was the time that was GIVEN to a rotation guild to kill the boss. I think we could actually even get the GMs to spawn raid boss and setup a "RACE TO KILL" competition. Something that would actually be FUN for GMs/Devs/Players to be involved with!

Now people are already saying but but that does not offer a CLEAR resolution as we want to be number 1 on p1999!

Well lets set some standards by which you can be ranked...Fastest kill...fewest people kill...fewest people that died kill...fastest clear...WHATEVER! If we wanted to we could do it by seasons or even have some kind of raid "league" to promote competition.

There are so many ideas and things we can do if we just take some time to think about it. I am sure with all the time spent camping these bosses that someone can think of a solid system.
Last edited by Supreme; 07-25-2010 at 07:27 PM..
Old 07-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need to develop a system that requires no developer/GM intervention or coding.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We need to develop a system that requires no developer/GM intervention or coding.
I'm pretty sure this has been said by the devs since the beginning, only nobody wants to cooperate with each other. I am all for anything at all that will stop this ridiculous camping bullshit. I hate it. Bring on race wars, make it FFA, I don't care - I want to play the game, not AFK through it.

When I say nobody wants to cooperate, I do mean nobody. Unlike most of you, I'm not making some half-assed, veiled insult to IB or DA. So let's not be petty, and try to actually change things.

I myself am all for FFA. My views are not necessarily the views of my guild, and I do not speak for Dark Ascension.
Last edited by Humwawa; 07-25-2010 at 07:35 PM..
Old 07-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

7 day +/- 7 day variance would only lead to 14 day camps and more splitforce multizone camps of the same guilds that are camping shit now..

When variance combined with camping bosses was first proposed, I was a huge detractor. I pointed out that people would be camping shit for a week straight. I pointed out that whoever had a force of people to sit in a zone longest would win. Everyone said "noooo hasbinbad, don't be dumb, people won't be that retarded.." but here we are.

Now you say that a longer variance will fix the problem, I say that it will simply lead to 14 day camps.

We need a completely innovative and player-run solution if there is to be any change. Player-run rotation, player-run boss draft, .. I suggested a weekly duel or some form of weekly pve skill test for 1st draft of bosses, but nobody could agree on anything because everyone's egos were blotting out the light of the sun.

As far as your other ideas, they are pretty far fetched man.. Nobody wants the server to be flooded with loot, the bluebies won't agree to a zone pvp flag system, instancing is retarded, much of it is non-classic or just non-eq in general (this is a classic eq server, if you want custom content, there are many other emus you can join), and all of it requires GM work / intervention, which they have stated they don't wanna do..

I think that the time is ripe for a solution, but I think it should be something that fits within the p99 vision and is player-enforced, otherwise yer just barking at the moon.