Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Jewelcrafting skillcap

Did a search and can't find a definitive answer on the Jewelcrafting skillcap on this server.

I am currently at 224. How high will I be able to get it?

EMINENCE
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
Fire Giant

Right now? 284.
When it is fixed? 200.

So uh, you might want to hold off on that.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right now? 284.
When it is fixed? 200.

So uh, you might want to hold off on that.
I thought one tradeskill could go higher and the rest were capped at 200? I was wondering what the cap was on the one that could go higher.

Sure would like to know before a code change flushes hours of effort down the drain. Any dev able to comment on this?

EMINENCE
Old 07-26-2010, 03:02 PM
Fire Giant

Tradeskill specialization (going above 200) didn't go live until half way through Kunark.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Aye, tradeskills are borked. We shouldn't have 1/2 the stuff in game that we do. Stuff like Wu's wasn't added till the tradeskill update during Kunark.

Would be cool if someone well-versed in the ways of the various tradeskills could sit down, and figure out what needs to be in the game, and what doesn't. It'd be tons of work though, and definitely not the biggest issue in terms of impact to gameplay.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye, tradeskills are borked. We shouldn't have 1/2 the stuff in game that we do. Stuff like Wu's wasn't added till the tradeskill update during Kunark.

Would be cool if someone well-versed in the ways of the various tradeskills could sit down, and figure out what needs to be in the game, and what doesn't. It'd be tons of work though, and definitely not the biggest issue in terms of impact to gameplay.
A lot of this is being done every day. There have already been tons of items removed from the game and in a few instances, things added that were classic.

Not sure why Wu's was left in exactly but it's something that has been brought up a bunch of times since the server started. It truly is a very low impact thing at this point but you are correct.

as far as skill caps being borked, it's that way for many things, not just crafting. Other skill caps are also based on the client, same goes for resist caps and resist checks. The devs are aware of this but as I mentioned before I think the client is the initial cause.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:35 PM
Fire Giant

Baking, brewing, blacksmithing, jewelcrafting, & pottery lists are finished.
Blacksmithing classic trivials list still needs about 8 items to be complete.

Fletching list is about half finished, and proving much harder than anticipated to figure out.

Tinkering, and alchemy, & poison lists aren't even started yet.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Right on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. And ya the skill-ups are weird throughout. The "you have got better at___ (##)!" message is what seems to count, what's listed in your skills window within your inventory doesn't seem to matter at all.

But cool, I am glad the list of items is getting fixed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 07-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right on [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. And ya the skill-ups are weird throughout. The "you have got better at___ (##)!" message is what seems to count, what's listed in your skills window within your inventory doesn't seem to matter at all.
If you want to see your true skill levels, go talk to a class trainer; they aren't programmed to cap off the number based off what the client thinks your cap is.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remfin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to see your true skill levels, go talk to a class trainer; they aren't programmed to cap off the number based off what the client thinks your cap is.
I will do this tomorrow. I just noticed that certain skills that shouldn't let me do stuff till a certain level (pickpocket for example) didn't let me when I was supposedly at cap, but right after I leveled it beyond the supposed cap, it let me.
Closed Thread