Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

Default About Spawn variance....

The idea of +/- 48 hours seems sound *cough* but has anyone considered that it really could decrease the number of times in a 30 day span that the boss mob would spawn?

Without the spawn variance you could guarantee to see 4 vox/naggy/ct/innoruuks in a month assuming they was killed within 1-2 hours after spawn.

With the spawn variance if CT goes over his timer (by up to 48 hours) even once that means instead of 4 CTs we would only see 3.

I would rather see spawn variance simple be 5-7 day respawn so we could ensure that CT/Inny/Vox/Naggy will should up at least 4 times a month.

Current System

4 Primary Raid targets (CT/Inny/Vox/Naggy) with +/- 48 hours means that the server raid guilds can see between 20 (max spawns) to 12 (minimum spawns).

New System

4 Primary Raid targets (CT/Inny/Vox/Naggy) with 5-7 day variance means that the server raid guilds can see between 20 (max spawns) to 16 (minimum spawns).

In addition this will also cause some windows to actually overlap so that no one single guild can lock down 2 raid targets with poopsocking. And would, i feel, be more in line with live server reboots causing raid mobs to respawn.

I look forward to feedback.
Last edited by Supreme; 07-22-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Old 07-22-2010, 04:40 PM
Sarnak

Why not just make all 4 pop at the exact same time (as each other, still keep the actual time varied)? That would guarantee that no one guild could camp them all unless they're HUGE.
Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why not just make all 4 pop at the exact same time (as each other, still keep the actual time varied)? That would guarantee that no one guild could camp them all unless they're HUGE.
invariably someone would "try".
Old 07-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Banned

Well if they would try to do all 4 at once then they would for sure own your version of the spawn times and be able to do 2 at a time.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:24 PM
Sarnak

Or just agree on a rotation and quit poopsocking. I think we'd all enjoy the game more.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:54 PM
Sarnak

Why pick an arbitrary cycle like 30 days?

With any system based on variance you will invariably have a cycle that has fewer spawns than another cycle. However, the current system results in the same AVERAGE amount of spawns as a non-variant system.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioisk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just agree on a rotation and quit poopsocking. I think we'd all enjoy the game more.
lolrotation.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:45 PM
Orc

changing the variance isnt going to make any difference your still going to have the same 2 guilds camping raid mobs for days,but i like the idea of having all the boss mobs spawn at the same time,the top guilds would still get most of the spawns but would at least give other guilds a chance at raid mobs.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why pick an arbitrary cycle like 30 days?

With any system based on variance you will invariably have a cycle that has fewer spawns than another cycle. However, the current system results in the same AVERAGE amount of spawns as a non-variant system.
30 days is relative to a month we could expand the numbers to represent a year if that would get the point across.

The reality that on live there was ALWAYS at least 16 spawns per month..not an average spawn of 16. The average was closer to 18 spawns in a 30 day cycle. This was due to bosses respawning on server reboots etc.

My point is right now we are stating the average of 16 is acceptable. I would like to see 16 spawns in a 30 day cycle be the minimum. Thus providing 4 more chances for raid content to be available.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Planar Protector

OP,

your logic is so flawed i don't know where to begin....

you're arbitrarily picking a very small time frame and pointing out (the obvious) implications.

Let's see...I'd like to see heads come up 5 out of every 10 flips of my quarter. This is the most fair thing because a coin has two sides, hence we should get heads five of every 10 times...but look! Its possible that I can get heads 8, 9, or even all 10 times! I have done extensive testing, and this is really possible! The universe is bugged! We need to do something about this before the fabric of the universe unravels! PLZ HELPS MEZ!
Closed Thread