Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 07:51 PM
Sarnak

Default WH40K Movie

http://ultramarinesthemovie.com/teaser

John Hurt,
Dan Abnett is doing writing/technical work.

Yes, i came.

In other trailer news, for more WH40k goodness, a shooter: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnfniAbzYX8

This with the upcomming MMo are making it look like a goooood future for gamesworkshop to finally reclaim some ground from the horrible ripoff that was WoW/Starcraft.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 PM
Aviak

Default Well,

I'm not impressed by that movie trailer. Looks like vague animated shit made in windows movie maker and paint.

If something like this should be made, get someone like Peter Jackson to do it. And do it properly - and make it dark, grim and terrifying and most of all epic. Not some crap animated watered down shit made to cater to 13 year olds.

Then again, i probably wont truely believe in any claims that a 40k movie is comming until im sitting in the cinema with popcorns and a ticket in my hand.

The reason for that is very simple. I saw the first "trailer" for the "upcomming" 40k movie in like 95' or something. Featured footage from some sort of chaos stronghold, and Gunships landing on a planet - thats only like.. 15 years ago? It beat that "trailer" by a mile when it comes to efford and quality, and hell..there has been rumours and claims about a 40k movie ever since.

I'd rather see blizzard doing a full fledged Starcraft inspired animated movie. Every single cut scene they ever did has been amazing.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Sarnak

Who cares.. space marines are boring anyways
Old 07-29-2010, 08:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not impressed by that movie trailer. Looks like vague animated shit made in windows movie maker and paint.

If something like this should be made, get someone like Peter Jackson to do it. And do it properly - and make it dark, grim and terrifying and most of all epic. Not some crap animated watered down shit made to cater to 13 year olds.

Then again, i probably wont truely believe in any claims that a 40k movie is comming until im sitting in the cinema with popcorns and a ticket in my hand.

The reason for that is very simple. I saw the first "trailer" for the "upcomming" 40k movie in like 95' or something. Featured footage from some sort of chaos stronghold, and Gunships landing on a planet - thats only like.. 15 years ago? It beat that "trailer" by a mile when it comes to efford and quality, and hell..there has been rumours and claims about a 40k movie ever since.

I'd rather see blizzard doing a full fledged Starcraft inspired animated movie. Every single cut scene they ever did has been amazing.
Due to the names and writers involved im content that this WILL be made.
As for the quality, its simply a work in progress trailer.
You seem to me to be the kind of movie goer who favored Transformers, or maybe you dont see why making a $500 million Peter Jackson film is frankly impossible for ANY studio to greenlight. Hell, the man cant even make the hobbit apparently (And thankfully so, as it freed up Del Toro to get back to work on At The Mountains Of Madness with James Cameron).

Another thing to consider is I personally believe that Animation/CGI (Its going to be CGI btw...) is the ONLY way to handle material like this. The shear scale, as well as the creatures, locations, armor, weapons and effects neccessary put it into a Avatar like scope where real actors simply will NOT cut it. Its not any harder to make it dark, gritty and ultra violent in this medium. I also think didnt notice Dan Abnett was at comic Con this last week talking about the film on behalf of games workshop. If anybody can make it the way its should its him as his current works DEFINE warhammer (which is something today totally unlike its incarnations 15-20 years ago, i know ive been playing that long and have the books).

Anyways, lets see how it pans before judging it you negative fuck.

Have a nice day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-29-2010, 08:48 PM
Fire Giant

just because preproduction and production get tons dumped into it doesn't mean you'll get a movie. See: Neuromancer.
Old 07-29-2010, 08:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by astarothel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just because preproduction and production get tons dumped into it doesn't mean you'll get a movie. See: Neuromancer.
True, i wont debate that.
Im more interested in Games Workshop officially backing it and using their weight on the project, which it seems like they have.

We will wait and see though, no? It seems with the other projects they have coming out of the gates this is a "good time" for such a film.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 AM
Fire Giant

both of those trailers were pretty underwhelming. the movie trailer was literally just some music slapped over wiggling text.

GW has a trackrecord of having every project they touch turn into shit when they try to move beyond tabletop, so i'm going to hold off on being excited about a 40k CG movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowWulf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You seem to me to be the kind of movie goer who favored Transformers

lets see how it pans before judging it you negative fuck.
Main entry: Butthurt
Function: noun, adjective
1. An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult, frequently characterized by overt hostility towards the "aggressor."
Closed Thread