Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:08 PM
Kobold

bard - mana regen, highest running speed, charm quad kiting

You wouldn't really need to mention "heals" for bards. It's only hp regen.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

"Pallies [sic]: are the only tank class that can split camps without help"

Don't forget that Shadow Knights can split by using feign death. Granted, that takes a little longer but it may be safer in the long run. A general rule with the Lull line is you shouldn't use it if you couldn't survive pulling the entire room, because sooner or later Lull WILL resist and bring the whole room down on top of you.

Shadow Knights also have the best ability to tank multiple monsters at a time. Paladins tank multiples only with difficulty, and Warriors only with difficulty *and* some luck.

Lay Hands is the only instant-cast heal currently available. Paladins could be considered 'unique' by virtue of being the most defense-oriented of the tanks. Consequently Paladins bring the most options to keep their group members alive when things go bad--be it root, stuns, heals, or the group member just having more HP due to the Paladin's buffs. Warriors can....sit there and watch their groups die, and SK's can feign and laugh to themselves as their groups die [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (I know, I know, they can do a little more than that).

Due having an arsenal of zero-damage aggro-generating spells, Paladins also have great ability to generate hate on mezzed targets from across the room, much to the CC'ers relief.

When I think of SK tanking, I think of sheer colossal hate generation on single or multiple targets; when I think of Paladin tanking, I think of *control*. Disease Cloud, superlative aggro as it is, by nature prohibits mezzing of mobs once the SK dots the target. Paladin threat generation doesn't come with that drawback.

Warriors are of course the meatshield par excellence--if you need a big fat target and don't need it to do much of anything except stand there and get hit on the head by some big greasy monster, the Warrior's your go-to man.

Danth
Old 02-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

Shamans are "a melee's best friend". Clerics have the best heal and HP buffs bar none, Druid's have some good buffs, DS and ports, but Shamans can make any melee do more DPS by both buffing the player and debuffing the mob. Shamans have a lot of utility and choices for playstyle. I love being a battleshaman while others like to kite like druids or root rot.

HP/AC buffs for durability
Resist spells(all 5 of them), along with levi, sow, invis, see invis, etc..
STA for even more hps
STR for more damage
DEX for more procs
AGI more ac/dodge if it actually worked on this server :P
Haste for, well you know.

Slow for allowing melee to take less damage
Incapacitate to reduce mob damage, and increase melee hit damage.
Malise for better chance of proc/spells to land
Regen combined with slow keeps melee from needing as many heals.

Add in some seriously nasty DoTs and a decent pet and you have some DPS capabilities.

Shaman/Monk is a beautiful combo as is Shaman/SK.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Pallies [sic]: are the only tank class that can split camps without help"

Don't forget that Shadow Knights can split by using feign death. Granted, that takes a little longer but it may be safer in the long run. A general rule with the Lull line is you shouldn't use it if you couldn't survive pulling the entire room, because sooner or later Lull WILL resist and bring the whole room down on top of you.

Shadow Knights also have the best ability to tank multiple monsters at a time. Paladins tank multiples only with difficulty, and Warriors only with difficulty *and* some luck.

Lay Hands is the only instant-cast heal currently available. Paladins could be considered 'unique' by virtue of being the most defense-oriented of the tanks. Consequently Paladins bring the most options to keep their group members alive when things go bad--be it root, stuns, heals, or the group member just having more HP due to the Paladin's buffs. Warriors can....sit there and watch their groups die, and SK's can feign and laugh to themselves as their groups die [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (I know, I know, they can do a little more than that).

Due having an arsenal of zero-damage aggro-generating spells, Paladins also have great ability to generate hate on mezzed targets from across the room, much to the CC'ers relief.

When I think of SK tanking, I think of sheer colossal hate generation on single or multiple targets; when I think of Paladin tanking, I think of *control*. Disease Cloud, superlative aggro as it is, by nature prohibits mezzing of mobs once the SK dots the target. Paladin threat generation doesn't come with that drawback.

Warriors are of course the meatshield par excellence--if you need a big fat target and don't need it to do much of anything except stand there and get hit on the head by some big greasy monster, the Warrior's your go-to man.

Danth
So you like the pallies aye? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

I ought to, that's what I am.

Edit: Oh, NOW I get it. Curse you!

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 02-19-2010 at 04:52 PM..
Old 02-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Skeleton

Paladins were always my best friend as an enchanter on Druzzil Ro. I always had a designated paladin on any raid I led whose sole job was to stand right beside me and keep stuff off me. They'd stun, help generate hate, etc. and keep everything off me.

As an enchanter, I was seriously in <3 with my best friend the paladin. I still remember "Heilige Nacht", the paladin in my guild who I just flat out adored because she was phenomenal at her job and I stuck her right beside me on every raid. She saved my skinny fragile hind end on more occasions than I can count.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by faenyar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Paladins were always my best friend as an enchanter on Druzzil Ro. I always had a designated paladin on any raid I led whose sole job was to stand right beside me and keep stuff off me. They'd stun, help generate hate, etc. and keep everything off me.

As an enchanter, I was seriously in <3 with my best friend the paladin. I still remember "Heilige Nacht", the paladin in my guild who I just flat out adored because she was phenomenal at her job and I stuck her right beside me on every raid. She saved my skinny fragile hind end on more occasions than I can count.
she had a penis
Old 02-19-2010, 06:34 PM
Skeleton

Whether "she" did or not I neither know nor do I care. "She" knew how to play "her" paladin extremely well and between her and Varag (my favorite cleric) they pulled my ass outta the fire more than once and for that, I adored both of 'em.

FWIW, I really don't care whether someone crossdresses or not, if they know how to play. I generally just try and take everyone at face value. I don't get into the whole a/s/l drama (besides, my wife would murder me and bury my body under the compost pile).
Old 02-19-2010, 06:45 PM
Sarnak

ranger: tankan, pullan, dpsan, power lvlan, trackan,(WTS QUILLAMAN 1k per cloak)
can solo by bow kitan but it tends to be not very cost effective(WTB Tolans darkwood bracer)
Last edited by GreenRanger; 02-19-2010 at 08:25 PM..
Old 02-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

Rangers can't tank. Their DPS is mediocre in classic. SKs and Pallies are more efficient pullers in dungeons. Tracking is good, but ever since they gave it to druids (which druids did not have in classic afaik), their superior tracking is really not even that big a deal. You can track Quillmane? Me and a druid tracked him repeatedly and got us all cloaks too. And we didn't have to worry about dying once we caught him.

Rangers are a cool novelty and are generally my favorite class, but let's not oversell what their strengths are.
Closed Thread