Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rangers can't tank. Their DPS is mediocre in classic. SKs and Pallies are more efficient pullers in dungeons. Tracking is good, but ever since they gave it to druids (which druids did not have in classic afaik), their superior tracking is really not even that big a deal. You can track Quillmane? Me and a druid tracked him repeatedly and got us all cloaks too. And we didn't have to worry about dying once we caught him.

Rangers are a cool novelty and are generally my favorite class, but let's not oversell what their strengths are.
thats cool aaron and gratz on ur cloak's but since this is classic, ranger's are pretty much jsut a melee dps class with TAUNT. ive tanked majority of my exp groups even now at lvl 45. to say that rangers cant tank jsut goes to show you dont know that much about our favorite class.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by GreenRanger; 02-19-2010 at 08:30 PM..
Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Okay, you and Gintu both think rangers are tanks. That's cool. They're not tanks though.

That's not to say they can't tank if there are no other options, but they're not a tank class.
Last edited by Aaron; 02-19-2010 at 08:31 PM..
Old 02-20-2010, 01:25 AM
Large Rat

Pretty sure Druid had Tracking, even back in classic, it's just Ranger's always had that ability to sort their tracking window by con/etc, and could filter out things, while we Druids had to just scroll through the mess.

I could be wrong though.
Old 02-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Sarnak

you are right [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] also 200 max tracking
Old 02-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, you and Gintu both think rangers are tanks. That's cool. They're not tanks though.

That's not to say they can't tank if there are no other options, but they're not a tank class.
Hey Karsten remember the time I tanked Phin on Tristin and we killed it and ported just as half of Heresy entered Kedge Keep? Good times...
Old 02-20-2010, 02:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Karsten remember the time I tanked Phin on Tristin and we killed it and ported just as half of Heresy entered Kedge Keep? Good times...
iq lost reading this, 50
Old 02-20-2010, 02:53 AM
Aviak

wut
Old 02-20-2010, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure Druid had Tracking, even back in classic, it's just Ranger's always had that ability to sort their tracking window by con/etc, and could filter out things, while we Druids had to just scroll through the mess.

I could be wrong though.
I played a ranger in classic, druids didn't originally have tracking. It may have been given to them before Kunark even came out, but it was unique to rangers originally.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Kobold

If I remember correctly Wizards did more DPS than Rogues in the original game but by Velious the rogue was top DPS and casters started to lag behind. I believe the order of DPS greatest to lowest in Velious was:

1. Rogue
2. Wizard
3. Necromancer
4. Magician
5. Monk

Not sure how the rest would follow
Closed Thread