Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seriously guys just give it up already... enchanters DESERVED the nerf bat for being able to practically have a dire charm pet, so now we get a nerf that addresses both the charmed pet (from any charming class) and afking pet classes. You think 50% pen is the end of the world? Then find 1 more person to group with. Solo vs Duo xp is NOT that much more different (provided you duo with the right class/person). So instead of whining about it here, go find that partner so you can ignore that 50% penalty. If you keep whining to each other you may become BFF online~

You are seriously trying to legitimize a 50% nerf on all exp gained by a class while soloing with your above statement?

Did you stop to think about the people that just rolled an enchanter within the past month? Or those that never had 200+ charisma and were unable to charm before the charm fix? (Yes you needed 200+ for it to work which costs a couple hundred platinum to buy the gear).

How on Earth can you sit there and say it's okay to do this as supposed punishment when it's new players that are being effected the most? this nerf doesn't effect me at all, I'm just trying to help others...

Think outside the box man.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goobles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quit crying, if you knew how to play - you wouldn't be concerned.
You don't know how to play, either. This is evident by your post.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't really understand the point, even. Changing it so you have to do 1 damage to get full xp on the mob, or changing it so you have to do 99% damage to get full xp still impact the afk leveler the same. This change just hurts the legitimate soloers who use a strategy that doesn't involve burning away half their mana every fight.
Quoted for truth.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are seriously trying to legitimize a 50% nerf on all exp gained by a class while soloing with your above statement?

Did you stop to think about the people that just rolled an enchanter within the past month? Or those that never had 200+ charisma and were unable to charm before the charm fix? (Yes you needed 200+ for it to work which costs a couple hundred platinum to buy the gear).

How on Earth can you sit there and say it's okay to do this as supposed punishment when it's new players that are being effected the most? this nerf doesn't effect me at all, I'm just trying to help others...

Think outside the box man.
Have you tried soloing ench with no gear from lvl 1 to 20+? Do you think it's the most efficient way to level? What is so HARD about finding a partner to duo with? Or a group to group with? Solo chanter with no gear from 1 to 20+ is NOT more efficient then duoing ok? Considering more then half the other EQ classes cannot even think about soloing you should feel fortunate you still retain the ability to solo.

Chanter soloing start shining at later levels with charm/cha gear, it's a waste of fucking time to start soloing with animation when you could be duo'ing or grouping up for faster xp gain (for a LOT less effort). If your hell bent on being an anti social, I like to go afk while my pet rapes X static spawn every 10min etc.. then go roll a nec/mage (btw ench can't even do that cause our animation pet blows). Stop thinking that this is a punishment for enchanters, it's a nerf for ALL pet classes.
Last edited by Wrei; 02-18-2010 at 12:18 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Skeleton

Considering like I said that this nerf on live was a nerf for charm because how much PoP mobs hit for. They made the nerf for charm and not for afk soloing. For that they made it so if you did not do 1 point of damage your pet took half of the exp and then later making the pets indifferent to everything.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

If the goal was to stop afk leveling, which seems like it was, then this isn't the best approach. However, personally I'm just fine with the nerf. I rarely solo and usually duo with a druid or shaman, so it won't affect me much.

Renders the enchanter charm line even more useless, but that doesn't cause me too much heartburn either. They can get a partner or groups like everyone else.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Chanter soloing start shining at later levels with charm/cha gear, it's a waste of fucking time to start soloing with animation when you could be duo'ing or grouping up for faster xp gain (for a LOT less effort). If your hell bent on being an anti social, I like to go afk while my pet rapes X static spawn every 10min etc.. then go roll a nec/mage (btw ench can't even do that cause our animation pet blows). Stop thinking that this is a punishment for enchanters, it's a nerf for ALL pet classes.
Because we can all get a group whenever we want one am I right? When I started my necro on this server I wanted to group, no one else did though. So I soloed and somehow made it to a level where people now consider me worth having, it was painfully slow and dull. If that experience had taken twice as long as it will now I wouldn't still be playing.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Have you tried soloing ench with no gear from lvl 1 to 20+? Do you think it's the most efficient way to level? What is so HARD about finding a partner to duo with? Or a group to group with? Solo chanter with no gear from 1 to 20+ is NOT more efficient then duoing ok? Considering more then half the other EQ classes cannot even think about soloing you should feel fortunate you still retain the ability to solo.

Actually I soloed with no gear pretty much until level 29. Enchanter is my main and first character on this server, and it was on live as well.

I didn't start getting groups till I had clarity (29). Unless you're in a dungeon enchanter usefulness is limited before then (not useless but MUCH less sought after).

So yes, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I work long hours, I'm married and I don't have 2 hours a night to LFG, I leveled up at odd times, an hour here, an hour there. I soloed till 29 because I had to! I grouped from 30-50 because I wanted to. I prefer playing in groups, ask anyone that knows me. I actually used to get mocked in OOC for being LFG all the time instead of soloing when I was in my 40's.

You obviously don't know anything about me as a player and how dare you try to tell the community how they should be playing the game.

Try adding something useful or go troll elsewhere.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Sarnak

Wow seriously you guys should just quit the game already. "I was having a hard time finding groups as a necro"... Go try being a melee at lvl 1 without twink gear, see how a warrior feels about lacks of groups to level his way... Finding a group can be a pain at times (it's part of the game), but there's another half of EQ classes that CANNOT EVEN SOLO.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because we can all get a group whenever we want one am I right? When I started my necro on this server I wanted to group, no one else did though. So I soloed and somehow made it to a level where people now consider me worth having, it was painfully slow and dull. If that experience had taken twice as long as it will now I wouldn't still be playing.
This. And since when is soloing bad anyways? I must have missed that part in the FAQ.
Closed Thread