Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

Default enchanter animations and the pet exp nerf

I felt like this deserved its own thread since the other threads I posted in have been reduced to less than constructive conversation:
-------------------------------------------------------

The only problem with using the exp nerf penalty as opposed to simply removing pet faction is that enchanters that attempt to solo with their animations get severely screwed.

When an enchanter uses his/her pet to solo they rely on haste, slow, possibly runes, the berserker spell line, stuns and maybe feedback (although feedback isn't that efficient when you are slowing mobs).

So basically the enchanter is doing a hell of a lot with his mana and nuking or doting doesn't always make sense.

If the server went the exp route instead of the faction route then enchanters would have to be excluded from the fix (they can't AFK level anyway).

------------------------------------------------------

This is all coming from experience. Before we get clarity at level 29 nuking or doting mobs is a horrible way to use mana while soloing because all it does is cause extra agro which makes us either have to root or rune ourselves. Our utility spells are much more mana efficient and we use them to keep our pet alive as opposed to doing extra damage.

Enchanters need to do a hell of a lot in order to be able to solo effectively, we are constantly casting spells through every encounter. Asking an enchanter to now do more than 50% of the damage to the mob in addition to everything else is an outrage. It basically reduces us to burning through our mana pool for every kill.

This was not well thought out for ALL the classes it's effecting.

Please feel free to discuss and tell me if I'm missing something.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:43 AM
Aviak

No sympathy for enchanters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At least you can still solo. Seems like 50% exp nerf is a great alternative to being a class that has to sit there with LFG on until some group takes pity on them.

You might find that there are more people who are happy about this change than people who sympathize with enchanters, especially considering the number of enchanters who walked around LGuk soloing every available camp with charm.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:44 AM
Skeleton

Default ...

This was someting that was added to live at one point correct? I remember people would use a type of clickable item that would dmg the mob for the exp gain (don't recall if it was full or half).

I guess it will be a bit tougher for my necro, way worse for chanter. Just wondering at what point did this get added on live and if it was during PoP (which we will not be going to) then it should not be put in place, right?

If it was Kunark or Velious then it still needs to be left out till one of those expansions get put in place also...maybe?

This sucks, but after reading about the AFK leveling deal I figured this would come soon, just not this soon. I guess chanters will have to struggle or group from the get go.

I just read the previous post and was under the impression that charm was broken or way risky, but now I see that enchanters ruled the camps with charm?
Last edited by excalis; 02-18-2010 at 12:00 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Will it seriously hurt you to duo your way to 50? Or worse group up in a full group situation (like the chanter class was DESIGNED to be)? Why is it the end of the world to find another partner to group with? It will be faster xp with the right class combination (well even more so with the patch change). So let's not try to make the enchanters a "special" case (considering how overpowered we were) the nerf should apply to ALL players using any sort of pet.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zt004 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No sympathy for enchanters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At least you can still solo. Seems like 50% exp nerf is a great alternative to being a class that has to sit there with LFG on until some group takes pity on them.

You might find that there are more people who are happy about this change than people who sympathize with enchanters, especially considering the number of enchanters who walked around LGuk soloing every available camp with charm.
You missed my point. Other pet classes can still outdamage their pets, enchanters can't... at least not without having to med for 2 minutes after each kill.

If you never played an enchanter from level 1-29 then maybe I can understand why this is so difficult to grasp.

Hell, even after clarity, our nukes are terrible for agro and mana efficiency and our dots only exist for the debuff component, not the damage.

And finally, you are not punishing the enchanters that you saw soloing in Lguk, you are punishing new players. Why does everybody have this vendetta?

(And you want to know what? I for one grouped exclusively from 30-50, you can ask anybody that knows me and they will vouch for that. )
Last edited by guineapig; 02-18-2010 at 11:49 AM..
Old 02-18-2010, 11:57 AM
Skeleton

Default ...

I guess there are still classes that cannot solo as well as an enchanter (warrior maybe?). It will be tougher but maybe not to bad, would have to try one to see for sure.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Sarnak

Lol yeah there are classes that can't solo as well as enchanters. For example, all of them.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:08 PM
Skeleton

Default ...

So before this change, chanters soloed better than all of the classes?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Kobold

In two patches the enchanter has gone from the best solo class to a class that will rely on groups/partners. I'm okay with this.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrei [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will it seriously hurt you to duo your way to 50? Or worse group up in a full group situation (like the chanter class was DESIGNED to be)? Why is it the end of the world to find another partner to group with? It will be faster xp with the right class combination (well even more so with the patch change). So let's not try to make the enchanters a "special" case (considering how overpowered we were) the nerf should apply to ALL players using any sort of pet.
Seriously stop trolling dude cause you have no idea what you are saying.
Since I'm sick of writing it over and over again I'll just copy my response to you from the other thread you are trolling:
--------------------------------------------------

Actually I soloed with no gear pretty much until level 29. Enchanter is my main and first character on this server, and it was on live as well.

I didn't start getting groups till I had clarity (29). Unless you're in a dungeon enchanter usefulness is limited before then (not useless but MUCH less sought after).

So yes, I know exactly what I'm talking about.

I work long hours, I'm married and I don't have 2 hours a night to LFG, I leveled up at odd times, an hour here, an hour there. I soloed till 29 because I had to! I grouped from 30-50 because I wanted to. I prefer playing in groups, ask anyone that knows me. I actually used to get mocked in OOC for being LFG all the time instead of soloing when I was in my 40's.

You obviously don't know anything about me as a player and how dare you try to tell the community how they should be playing the game.

Try adding something useful or go troll elsewhere.
Closed Thread