Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Default In an attempt to be more constructive… (regarding the recent patch)

Here are a few questions for everybody to try and determine a consensus of thought.

1.) Do you think the 50% exp nerf for pet classes was put into place to deal with AFK leveling or to try and encourage grouping?

2.) Do you think the 50% exp nerf will do away with AFK leveling?

3.) Do you think that taking away pet faction will do away with AFK leveling?

4.) So you support AFK leveling?

5.) Do you think exp is gained faster (pre-nerf) in a full group of 6 or while soloing?

6.) If you answered “full group”, do you still think that an exp nerf to solo classes is warranted?

7.) Do you think that playing a solo class should be a viable option in this game? Especially to those who only have a limited play schedule?

8.) Do you think a 50% exp nerf to pet classes existed in 1999?

9.) EDIT: Do you think that somebody that plays 1-2 hours a day soloing can keep up with those who are playing in groups 2-3 hours a day?

10.) How many hours a day do you play on average?

In an attempt to keep this constructive, try to stick to the questions and keep any additional comments related to the questions you are answering.
Last edited by guineapig; 02-18-2010 at 01:19 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We will discuss the 1 point of damage option and have a decision for next patch
Take a breath, dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:09 PM
Fire Giant

1.) Do you think the 50% exp nerf for pet classes was put into place to deal with AFK leveling or to try and encourage grouping?
Seems obvious they did it for AFK levelers.

No. It's still exploitable.

Yes.

No

5.) Do you think exp is gained faster (pre-nerf) in a full group of 6 or while soloing?
Exp is always faster in a full group.

6.) If you answered “full group”, do you still think that an exp nerf to solo classes is warranted?
I could go either way. I'm againt afk leveling.

7.) Do you think that playing a solo class should be a viable option in this game? Especially to those who only have a limited play schedule?
Classes are still soloable with this nerf.

No.

9.) Do you think that somebody that plays 1-2 hours a day soloing can keep up with those who are playing in groups 5-6 hours a day or more?
No. Do you think someone that solos for 3 hours a day can keep up with someone that groups for 2 hours a day? This question is a bit of a strawman.

On average, 3 hours per day. Some days more, some days none at all.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Large Bat

Not really. I think it's the result of someone pointing out to Rog that at some point this was implemented in EQ. To my recollection, 50% damage or 50% XP was not implemented in classic EQ, but rather during Velious. And it was later changed to 75%. However, I'm not wasting my time trying to substantiate my recollection.

No, because I think pet users will just group up. The only way to deal with AFK leveling is to have a clear policy that says it's against the rules and will result in a temp ban for the first two offenses and a permanent ban for the third.

I think that would work as well, however, the problem is that people should have to worry about pet control and if pets were beta neutral (or factionless), then it could have serious impacts on the game.

No, I think AFK levelers should be temp banned for the first two offenses then permabanned.

A good, full group in a dungeon will gain faster XP and better loot than a soloer. I do, however, think that due to the low population of the server (despite it growing there's still very few people on at non-peak times), that soloing should still be viable for classes that traditionally excelled at soloing in classic EQ.

No, I don't. I think that in general the exceptional solo classes end up fading out end game, with the exception of Enchanters.

Yes, as I stated above.

I do not recall it being this way, but it's possible that it was.

9.) Do you think that somebody that plays 1-2 hours a day soloing can keep up with those who are playing in groups 5-6 hours a day or more?

No.

1 to 1.5 hours in the morning before I go to work.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

Quote:
Not sure, probably AFK leveling.

Quote:
No though it won't be quite as lucrative.

Quote:
Maybe. However there could still be workarounds. People always come up with ways around things.

Quote:
Couldn't care less. It doesn't effect me and therefore I feel no need to punish others. That's a liberal mindset. "That guy is doing something I don't agree with, punish him!"

Quote:
Solo if you're efficient. My shaman could pretty much go non stop for quite some time without downtime for medding once I had dog and could aggro kite and canni with regen.

Quote:
n/a

Quote:
Why should it not be a viable option? I solo'd my Druid to 50 in 99, as did many other classes. Why should it be any different now?

Quote:
No but you did have to do some sort of damage to get the full exp. I actually thought this during my trek to 50 and always made sure I at least hit the mob with some sort of damage while using a pet.

Quote:
Depends on the group, but possibly. If you're in a high ZEM zone soloing versus the group being in a low ZEM zone and not pulling efficiently then yes. Why do you think Deputies in Misty and Dorfs in BB are so popular?

Quote:
Too many usually.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No. Do you think someone that solos for 3 hours a day can keep up with someone that groups for 2 hours a day? This question is a bit of a strawman.
My apologies, I should edit it.

Thank you all for answering these questions so far. I should have done this to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean
We will discuss the 1 point of damage option and have a decision for next patch
Also, thanks to the devs for being so quick to respond to this concern and at least looking into it, regardless of what the outcome is.
Last edited by guineapig; 02-18-2010 at 01:25 PM..
Old 02-18-2010, 01:40 PM
Banned

It used to be like this on live, quit crying.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It used to be like this on live, quit crying.
You keep saying that, and I have no doubt that it was at some point. But I've yet to see anyone prove one way or the other when it was like this.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Sarnak

what a joke really, fix melee shit before think about mage pet uberness unless you r full or selfish masturbation with ONE hand, what a pity

go further plz

Clac
Old 02-18-2010, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

I can't even read that gibberish.
Closed Thread