Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 03:18 PM
Planar Protector

Default Custom content? Blue raiding needs to be instanced

Now that Green/Teal are out and the classic cycle is set, I'd like to see the staff start focusing on custom Blue content that has been mentioned on many occasions. I'm proposing that the 3 most desirable raid zones should be made instanced: VP, ToV, and ST(Reset sleeper).

There should be no reason why everyone can't experience this content at this point. If you want hardcore competition, go to Green/Teal. You'll have several years of poopsocking before it starts all over again. Leave Blue to focus on obtaining pixels without having to neckbeard, but if you still really want to there will be mobs on Blue left for competition.

Looking forward to seeing this implemented, I'm open to potentially adding more instanced zones but those 3 are a good start.

Thank you P99 staff.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

You might want to rethink your timing: trying to make an argument for instancing when a server is at the lowest population it's been in years is maybe not ideal.

(And to be clear, if you check my post history you'll see that I am VERY MUCH not in favor of the current, incredibly unclassic, raid scene. But there are many possible ways to solve that problem, and you're making the argument for your pet one at the worst possible time you could make it.)

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:26 PM
Kobold

/agree with instancing. Blue isn't the leveling playground anymore, it's the raiding server. Let's make it a bit more conducive to real life.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You might want to rethink your timing: trying to make an argument for instancing when a server is at the lowest population it's been in years is maybe not ideal.

(And to be clear, if you check my post history you'll see that I am VERY MUCH not in favor of the current, incredibly unclassic, raid scene. But there are many possible ways to solve that problem, and you're making the argument for your pet one at the worst possible time you could make it.)
Raid Population will rise with instances. People can plan their schedule around raids and have access to more pixels. Live sucked in many ways but instances were one of the few redeeming qualities. Didn’t have to devote random hours to get end game loot.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

rotation/instance 2020.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:30 PM
Kobold

naw
Old 11-05-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Set respawn on all raid mobs down to 2-4 hours. Let nerds raid at schedules times and not worry about tracking windows ever again.

Also it would make Vulak an actual challenge, having to clear from Aaryonar back to Lady Nev and Vulak in under 4 hours, would be a very classic experience.
Old 11-05-2019, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

What would really be nice is more earthquakes, atleast back to the 2 a month we used to have. Another cool idea would be to remove the 16 hour spawn time variance on raid mobs.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blueeepinya
Old 11-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Sarnak

Yeah the shortened window timer sounds classic too. But yeah I think trying new things out is a good idea
Old 11-05-2019, 07:00 PM
Kobold

I'm currently bored when it isn't repop day. I would enjoy having targets spread out.

I also would enjoy not needing to track for 16h, or to be logged into a wake-up channel to get a mob (which I've only done once, and won't again)
Closed Thread