Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 04:49 PM
Skeleton

IMO there is not enough time to move and then cast, you have stay standing in the same spot. If you are going to use the AE mez then you will have to risk the chance that you mez yourself until you become immune (level 56 I think). Buff your MR and keep your fingers crossed.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Aviak

The cast time on the AE mez is 3 seconds, half the time that they should be stunned. One would think that you should be able to move for at least one second before casting, if they are in fact stunned for 6 seconds.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The cast time on the AE mez is 3 seconds, half the time that they should be stunned. One would think that you should be able to move for at least one second before casting, if they are in fact stunned for 6 seconds.
Yeah unless you have absolute perfect timing you wont have enough time to stun, move, then AOE mez with a 6 second stun. It takes at least 1 second to run out of AOE mez range, then you usually need to be standing still for at least 1 second for your spell to not get interrupted.

The Enchanter's you've seen stun/back up/aoe mez are probably using 8 second stuns. Since you're hunting outside in Stonebrunt just stand far enough away from your pet to mez it on a charm break while the other mob is rooted.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:37 PM
Aviak

That has been my strategy so far, but I really only needed AE mez when I was breaking up the kobold camps, and calm is critically resisted, which seems to happen a lot.
Closed Thread