Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

if you are intentionally melee'ing blue exp mobs then you are doing something very very wrong.

yes, if you are geared you can win...but it would be the least efficient (fear kiting, dot kiting, charm swarming, AE kiting) of any possible way to play a bard.

the only real exception i can think of is if you were in tight quarters and needed to melee something down...even then the strat would be melee (haste, slow, dot, etc.) mez/heal back to full, repeat. but you wouldn't do that just for exp.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

In theory bards make amazing melee soloers. They wear plate, have some pretty good ratio weapons, can cast haste and regen on themselves, slow and snare mobs. However in practice your dps just isn't there and your defensive skill aren't going to keep up either.

If you don't want to swarm, just group up. You can still melee that way most of the time anyways.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Fire Giant

Just in case it wasn't clear enough from my first post, I was not planing to melee on a bard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I was honestly just curious how you would deal with a mob jumping on you while you... well bards don't med but ... Whatever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have no idea how the class is played, but this is EQ so I still think you can be randomly aggroed? so I was thinking do you just Selo and run, or can you actually kill the mob down and get the XP and then continue whatever you were doing? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However the thread has perfectly answered the question thanks to all who participated! Even though I still don't know how to play the class I do agree that it is probably not an optimal solo-xp strategy - but that wasn't the question ^o^/
Old 10-10-2017, 09:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
optimal solo-xp strategy
aside from mana loss via the 2nd charm song pretty much anything a bard does is "optimal solo-xp". even the least effective way a bard can solo is still above what any other class can do, IMHO because you have no down time, ever.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:30 AM
Kobold

Bards are the most fun class to play. I played mine until 10 then stopped because I thought all they could do was AOE kite. Later I started back and have fear and chant kited my way to 48 and have had a blast doing it. Any melee done is to keep skills maxed, but since they are already, it’s business as usual.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Indoor or if you can't fear kite for some other reason, you can melee and/or charm mobs on one another while mezing periodically to restore hp before continuing.
Closed Thread