Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

Go ranger. Better dps than SK, better snap aggro than monks, SOW, snare and best outdoor pullers. you can fear kite too if you stick to animals, and they are cheap to gear up
Old 10-12-2017, 03:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go ranger. Better dps than SK, better snap aggro than monks, SOW, snare and best outdoor pullers. you can fear kite too if you stick to animals, and they are cheap to gear up
Rangers: ok at a bunch of things, but only truly elite at dying.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EDIT: If you don't want to tank or pull then you are barking up the wrong tree with Monk/SK - I would recommend a Bard (although you will be asked to pull or tank from time to time) or a Ranger
Ranger is great choice if you don't want to be asked to do anything.

Re SK vs monk:
With a level 10 cap, here are some strategies.

Human: Freeport. North Ro decaying skeletons.
Keep backpacks, fill slots with cloth. Equip rusty two hand slasher for 1 hit kills (if sk). Sell everything but bone chips. Once you have filled your slots with cloth sell the bone chip to fund a 1:2 weapon for ~30pp. Get to Kaladim and turn in the remaining bone chips for xp. This will get you close to level 10.

Iksar: Scaled wolf pups and decaying skeletons. Keep the bone chips to sell to passing factioners/necromancers. Keep the hides, combine and turn them in for curscale armor in cabalis. If SK loot/buy a rusty/tarnished shantok to 1 hit kill the level 1 mobs. Once you completed your curscale armor set switch to scorpions and save their pincers to turn in for xp. At level 5 or 6 try to start forming pit groups, which will take you to 10.

Alternative iksar path: Buy bristlesilk armor from the merchant building outside the monk building. Every piece except chest looks awesome on monk, so you will get more invites by people thinking you are a twink.
Last edited by Jimjam; 10-12-2017 at 05:43 AM..
Old 10-12-2017, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Just in case I was unclear, I said rangers have an unclear group role so are unlikely to get invites as anything other than filler or desperation.

Rest of post was suggestions for OP's new turn reaching the mighty level 10 summit again.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:18 AM
Planar Protector

It works, but it helps to have tangible objectives to complete in the mean time. Hence the suggestion to quest curscale armor or farm cloth armor from decayed skeletons.

Having objectives to meet will increase motivation, allowing for better, longer sessions and as such more progress. A lack of realistic objectives will lead to burn out, especially in a game as grind based as eq.

I'm sure OP is familiar with the generals, as he had a 60 wizard. Specific examples help fill context.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

My present objective is making raw silk armour and I'm working towards that goal. Would have been wiser to roll in Qeynos since Everfrost is crawling with spiders
Old 10-12-2017, 07:59 AM
Fire Giant

Ouch, no. Field of Bone, go to the "D" on the map (bonebinder's Warren) and you can level up from 3 to 5 in no time and farm full backpacks of spider silk it's basically cheating [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Kunark as a starting area is at least five times "better" (I hate it but objectively speaking) than any old world area.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Everfrost is really more of a mine for spiderlings than spiders, so don't be too harsh on yourself too soon!

The Deserts of Ro have a fair few giant spiders from which to collect silks. Nek forest also has a few spiders (lower level).

The absolute best place for gathering spider silks might be Upper Guk, but you will want to be in the teens for that.

Speaking of guk, a decent proxy for raw silk is the armor the frogs drop; netted, woven and mesh armor sets. They are light weight, and cloth/raw silk/leather AC amount. They are also magic (magic attacks with fist) but the set doesn't include feet, so no magic kicks.

If you are monk, did you give much thought to the IKSAR vs HUMAN question?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 AM
Fire Giant

Oh yeah sorry I assumed that by saying you were not in Qeynos meant you were in Cabilis hehe, sorry 'bout that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Fire Giant

A good question to ask one self is weather the game starts at lvl 60 or ends at lvl 60.
Last edited by Fragged; 10-12-2017 at 09:47 AM..
Closed Thread