Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 02:31 PM
Large Bat

Agreed.
Old 10-17-2017, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cfb...=youtu.be&hd=1

What do you guys think of that for custom content?

Basically red server players would zone into one side, and blue server players would zone into the other side. This would be normal CTF rules. The players would get the flag (goblin) and bring it back to their base. Players would also attempt to kill the flag (goblin) carriers and defend their base.

We have also thought of other ideas such as a "plexus" where no flag is involved. Players from each server would zone in and PvP.

Examples: Epidemic vs Aftermath or Apex vs Awakened.
^^^^^^^^^^^ sign me up

-blue player from AW
Old 10-17-2017, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

YES, personally I think a plexus idea where people can zone into a 2 server zone at any time and shoot the shit and pvp would be really entertaining and allow for some cross server fun, especially for some blue players who are stacked as fuck and would like to see how their gear would fare on other players, and for red players who might be lonely and sick of staring at the same 50 people on red.. this is a great idea.
The CTF event is also pretty neat and I think if you hold rewards to motivate people you will get some serious interest.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some of this might be crazy / hard to code but just a weird idea i had today at work

Long involved quests requiring many rare items / plat to:

1) reset factions
2) reset tradeskills
2) name change
3) change religion
4) race change
5) create a lvl 1 halfing rangers/ paladin etc
6) respec starting stats
7) spawn legacy mobs
8) spawn as an NPC (project M)

also if you don't want to implement a quest, you can be granted one of these changes by taking your level 60 all the way down to level 1. this kind of mimics chrono trigger's new game + feature. I think it would be kinda fun. It's also semi fair because it's just like u are starting a new level one, only difference is the gear

i think this would get a lot of old people back if you implement changes on 1 server at a time and alternate them

Chrono Trigger is the greatest game of all time!
Old 10-17-2017, 03:40 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Dean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also cylock your idea is amazing but theres 2 problems

first you don't know how to code or actually do anything so nothing will happen

second, p99 is not allowed to release any new content at all, even a zone with nothing in it is not allowed, so thanks for playing
this is wrong on both accords.

first, its not his idea/coding, its nilbogs and its his dirty eq lovechild

secondly, it has been an idea for the staff to potentially release custom content after velious is long past its freshness date.

thanks for playing
Old 10-17-2017, 03:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
secondly, it has been an idea for the staff to potentially release custom content after velious is long past its freshness date.
Too late
Old 10-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cfb...=youtu.be&hd=1

What do you guys think of that for custom content?

Basically red server players would zone into one side, and blue server players would zone into the other side. This would be normal CTF rules. The players would get the flag (goblin) and bring it back to their base. Players would also attempt to kill the flag (goblin) carriers and defend their base.

We have also thought of other ideas such as a "plexus" where no flag is involved. Players from each server would zone in and PvP.

Examples: Epidemic vs Aftermath or Apex vs Awakened.
Hay not a bad idea.
Old 10-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is wrong on both accords.

first, its not his idea/coding, its nilbogs and its his dirty eq lovechild

thanks for playing
Don't mind dean, he's just a troll account made by someone who's not very good at trolling.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-17-2017, 04:10 PM
Banned

I always thought that custom content would be additional PvE zones tho, and for the 60's. Consider how endgame stacked the servers are and will be more so once this stuff comes around.

I am not sure if the p99 coding could handle it but some of the raiding code from the PoP era would be sick...Simple things like the Bert fight mechanics where additional mobs spawn mid fight implemented on to custom content.

The raid design mechanics for classic-kunark are very basic and ultimately dull - tank and spank, avoid aoe's spend 30 hours a week clearing ToV for a shot at Vuulak is pretty much it.

The client is Titanium Based so even some of the OoW/GoD mechanics could be used where they really started to introduce raid mechanics.

Not to beat the same drum but through-out red99's history it's only ever had 1 big guild apart from a few spotty bits where in the end everyone just merged into one guild. So if the content is built around blue v red then it's a bad start. Red99 should only be a small consideration as Blue can field 5-6 guilds for such content....and ultimately red99 players will just find a way to shit on it.
Last edited by Beastagoog; 10-17-2017 at 04:16 PM..
Old 10-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Kobold

Live eq released new content every 6 months or so. The idea was to ensure progression would keep people coming back, and it did. What do you have to keep people coming back to the emulated servers? Your custom content is past the point of saving a population. I did get a good laugh from Zades freshness comment though.

The server is what it is. If there were truly real desire to see more population, things would have been done well before both servers started seeing the numbers today. Cylock reminds me of a guy that buys used cars with 300k miles and says "guys what can we do to make you enjoy this car?" Nothing Cylock, it's a fucking pinto that only 40 or so degenerates enjoy driving around.
Closed Thread