Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 02:04 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Question Decent Bard Gear?

I'm a lvl 20 Bard. All my armor now is cloth and a little Raw-hide.
What's some decent armor i can get easily for myself and when/what should i upgrade?[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2017, 10:36 AM
Fire Giant

Ringmail will start dropping soon, then bronze, which can be good depending on your strength. Once you get to late 30s you can start soloing some Lambent items, by mid 40s you should be able to do most of it.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

It's pretty easy to get smithing up high enough to make banded. Maybe 150 plat and an hour's time. Bronze is pretty heavy and the AC isn't that much better. Maybe wear visible pieces for fashion but other pieces should be banded.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

While I can't say exactly what gear... If you're looking to upgrade a specific slot rummage through this list. http://wiki.project1999.com/Category:Bard_Equipment

It has gear from lowbie to raid level. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Lambent isnt worth it unless you're nostalgic, want blue armor, or you have plat just lying around (which Im guessing you dont). Without even the quest drops, the plat you would spend on gems could buy you better gear.

As others have said, most likely ringmail / banded will suit you. Bronze is nice but probably heavy.

Get your MM lute / drums (~100p for both) which is priority. Get (buy) a decent weapon. Bard entry weaps are stupid cheap for being pretty decent pre-dmg cap. Then you'll start finding armor dropping for mobs. If you want to, you can probably hang around MM or other comparably leveled zones (HHK?) and ask people for armor drops or pay them a small amount to purchase armor since it weighs quite a bit and merchants can be far away.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

If you're small you can get bronze for free basically by just hanging around mistimoore endlessly. Or you can get bronze for the same cost players sell bronze to npcs (very cheap) by hanging around lfay and just....asking people about it.

No bard is large, and medium is from solb and no one does solb anymore so if you're medium maybe buy banded? hope for a good price?

also main requirement to play bard is a 3rd arm IRL, no gear in game is required.

tl;dr go to mistimoore if you can, buy stuff cheaper at the source, or just earn it yourself.
Last edited by dbouya; 10-29-2017 at 05:24 PM..
Old 10-29-2017, 08:50 PM
Sarnak

Cloth, banded, bronze it doesn’t matter all the same.

Epic >>>>> instrument mod % > Magic resist > hps > regen > other resists > sta > other stats > weapon dps > flowing thought ( yes it works and honestly awesome! ) > AC.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cloth, banded, bronze it doesn’t matter all the same.

Epic >>>>> instrument mod % > Magic resist > hps > regen > other resists > sta > other stats > weapon dps > flowing thought ( yes it works and honestly awesome! ) > AC.
Disagee.

Most to least important in my book.

-knowing your song book (and having them all)
-epic
-instrument mods
-resists vs hp (depends on situation)
-dex/cha
-AC
-regen
-stamina
-literally anything other than ...
-weapon dps

Bard melee dps is shit from 30s onward. Disregard and put away your weapons 99% of he time unless one of those weapons is your epic. Stamina is cute but bard returns are meh. As a class that can pump up your own resists to ungodly levels and regen yourself and the group 40-50 hp/tick, that extra stamina ... not really all that important. AC however? I can promise you're going to get hit if you're playing your class to full potential. Bard makes a reasonable group tank and doing your bardly duty will put you in the line of fire at times
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 10-30-2017, 09:39 AM
Banned

Looting bronze from Mistmoore is the immediate answer to your problems. You can also get good XP at pond when level 20

As far as goals/saving...You can get certain Singing Steel (Kunark armor) pieces for relatively cheap and some of them have really cool effects. The bracer has a damage shield (stacks with songs), the boots have a levitation clicker, the gloves give enduring breath, Helm casts Eye of Zomm... Most of these pieces cost between 400pp-1500pp so it gives you something to save towards. The BP and legs are not really worth it and that's where I would rock Lambent instead because the cost is in 100's and not tens of thousands of plat.

Couple things to look out for while leveling...

25-35 SolA has a shit load of pretty decent mid level gear and the zone is largely uncamped at all times. If you can get a party together and romp through SolA you will 100% get a few nice upgrades.

40-45 you can get a group in SolB at Royals and camp Mithril Breastplate and some other OK items.

30-40 You can get Hooded Black Cloak from courtyard in Mistmoore as well as Diamondine Earrings.

Breath of Harmony is the weapon you need to save for - usually sells for around 2k
Old 10-30-2017, 09:48 AM
Planar Protector

Concur with breath of harmony. The click after level 50 makes it one of the only reasons to melee in that level range until you have epic. It effectively allows you to 'twist' an extra song with good timing.

For gearing a bard other than that, as others have said save first for cheap mistmoore drums and gypsy lute. You can find some good weapons for cheap (sio's partisan for example) that will serve you well in the lower levels. Beyond that, save for some player made hp/ac rings and keep your eyes open for armor (lightweight). If i could go back and have a do-over I would have skipped bronze altogether and just rock banded until much later as it is much lighter. The rest comes with time and bards frankly (and thankfully) don't need much in the way of gear to do their job well.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 10-30-2017 at 09:54 AM..
Closed Thread