Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 02-23-2010, 10:07 AM
Kobold

Default Necro charm and Feign death

If my memories are correct casting feigh death should break the charm and wipe the charmed mob memory. For now mob stays charmed and when charm breaks the mob come after me.

On a side note... fix the necro charm mecanism! It is killing me to bump my charisma to be able to charm UNDEADS. Necro charm should be based 1st on level and 2nd on magic resist.

thank you
Old 02-24-2010, 08:16 AM
Banned

negative on live in classic you could charm and fd a mob like its your normal pet

how else could necros solo frenzy on live in 99

delete this thread
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by siinge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
negative on live in classic you could charm and fd a mob like its your normal pet

how else could necros solo frenzy on live in 99

delete this thread
Completely wrong.

FD removed charm from any pet. And yea this bug is slightly annoying. You can't bail on a charm fight anymore without risking yourself by dismissing your pet before casting FD.

It also makes charm killing too easy for necros (w/ high charsima, but that's another story) since you can just charm and FD any agro onto your new pet.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely wrong.

FD removed charm from any pet. And yea this bug is slightly annoying. You can't bail on a charm fight anymore without risking yourself by dismissing your pet before casting FD.

It also makes charm killing too easy for necros (w/ high charsima, but that's another story) since you can just charm and FD any agro onto your new pet.
negative played a necro in 99

i could charm frenzy fd and clear room repeat this was live

whats not classic are necro pets, a 49 necro pet with fine steel daggers was a monster. Was live for over a year. Mage pets were not as buffed as they are here. I think mage pets should be revered to live, Hell on live mage pets didn double attack or dw for 6 months. Yes played release. yes this was an issue

the delay on fine steal was in

hell giving your newb pet a 2 hander pre 20 would up its dmg considerably and has no effect here

quit the qq

necro charm and fd is fine
Old 02-24-2010, 09:33 AM
Kobold

siinge why so much hate?

Necro charm based on charisma is a bug.. the developpers are planning to fix it.

On the frenzy part, back in the day you didn't need a charmed pet to clear frenz, the pet did the job ok... Even now with the vanilla 49 pet you can clear frenz easely.

I stand on what i said... i really think that feign death was breaking charm back in the days.
Last edited by ammut; 02-24-2010 at 01:17 PM..
Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
siinge why so much hate?

Necro charm based on charisma is a bug.. the developpers are planning to fix it.

On the frenzy part, back in the day you didn't need a charmed pet to clear frenz, the pet did the job ok... Even now with the vanilla 49 pet you can clear frenz easely.

I stand on what i said... i really think that feign death was breaking charm back in the days.
negative

Necro charm based on charisma is a bug? that made me chortle

All charm based spells have always been Charisma based. -Charisma dose not nor has ever helped a necro necro. You "think" feign death broke charm. Again incorrect back in 99 you could solo clear frenzy by charm fd clearing the room. The 49 Vanillia pet is not classic basesd its been tweaked. Even though verrant and sony did claim that later the dely on fine steel daggers did drop pets speed lvls. They later changed it when kunark came out. Well Kunark isnt out and giving the pet fine steel daggers does not change the pets attack speed. If we are gonna embrace classic we should have all the classic bugs as well. If not add in all the shit that was added to make the game less classic and more WoW. Like breeze, summon corpse, mage utily summon items, lowbie cleric lvl 20 rez etc.

Charm is currently fine even after the nerf, its working as intended. Please delete and move this thread.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by siinge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hell giving your newb pet a 2 hander pre 20 would up its dmg considerably and has no effect here
some links about that:

http://web.archive.org/web/200112120...ss=Necromancer

http://web.archive.org/web/200112120...Class=Magician
Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Kobold

Quote:
negative

Necro charm based on charisma is a bug? that made me chortle

All charm based spells have always been Charisma based. -Charisma dose not nor has ever helped a necro necro.
You don't know what you are talking about man. I had like 0 char, really 0 char due to - char gear and i could charm mobs from classic to PoP.

Let me guess you rolled an erudite necro, bumped you char to max and bought char gear. You sit at 200 char and u can charm mobs for almost full duration. That + feign death bug helps you farm shit.

I don't care about you exploiting a bug i just want the necro charm spell the way it is supposed to work. Now get out of my thread and let the devs decide how to fix that.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
You "think" feign death broke charm. Again incorrect back in 99 you could solo clear frenzy by charm fd clearing the room..
Being extremely confident doesn't change the fact that you are wrong.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Sarnak

Both sides here should probably try to find some evidence on the internet about this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Failing that though I'd say you have to go with the side capable of making coherent arguments, so sorry siinge.