Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 03:10 AM
Planar Protector

Different strokes for different folks. Il stay True 2 Blue.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

OP, don't think of Green/Teal as an expansion pack for Blue.

Think of Blue as a beta test for Green. And yes, that's how it has always been viewed by the people who run the server.

Creating a server that walks through the patches was always the end goal. We have arrived.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:11 AM
Planar Protector

Blue seems a good server for slow burn players. Problem is slow burn players play for an hour or two maybe 4 times a month. Their limited play timemmakes it unlikely they cross paths.

I suggest you send tells to pretty much any character online explaining you are a level x class y and ask if they have an alt in that level range interested in visiting zone z.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:38 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottBerta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Different strokes for different folks. Il stay True 2 Blue.
Same here. I have a couple of 60 toons on Blue and love playing them. I mostly play solo/duo, so the decrease in population doesn't bother me at all. Yes, the economy is less vibrant at the moment, but I can already see it slowly coming back compared to a week ago.

TRUE 2 BLUE! <3
Old 11-05-2019, 06:48 AM
Planar Protector

The plan is probably (and hopefully) to wait until EQ becomes abandonware and spin it into a real company.
Old 11-05-2019, 07:35 AM
Kobold

10 years lifespan for a 2xpac server is impressive already no ? Whats the plan now ? If people continue to play, great, but all patches are done, and it was meant to cap at velious. Nothing more
Old 11-05-2019, 07:47 AM
Planar Protector

The whole point of blue server was to be a beta for the green server that you're seeing now. It is just now finally coming to fruition.

My personal game plan is to have fun playing the game until I no longer have fun playing the game. At that point I will play another game until I feel the itch and come play EQ again down the road.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:43 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Starting fresh is fun, I'll never understand peoples aversion to it.
Alright I'll bite. <<Long rant about Everquest forthcoming. Feel free to ban me for it. Don't read if you really like it.>>

The contortions of reason needed to call Everquest a role-playing game at low levels are extreme. It is like Deer Hunter '99. I gritted my teeth and played through that Disney Land for degenerates once, but not twice; not with the same character. I see no social or moral good in the low levels in Everquest. Rather I see a device by Sony to earn even more money than they already would through distortion of reality and presentation of falsehoods. What good comes of this game in society? It is not realistic, it is not moral, it is not believable, it is not challenging, and it is not artistic. There are no tutorials in war. If Sony wished to make a game of combat, the least they could have done was to present it more realistically. I might as well be listening to Snoop Doggy Dogg, watching Beavis and Butthead and clicking on the sheep in Warcraft till it explodes. I only, and I repeat only played through that rubbish once to experience an online graphical role-playing game. Because it is the only blinking one on the Internet now. Yeah I heard Ultima Online was good. ULTIMA ONLINE, AKA Ultima NINE. A doomed genre if ever I saw one.
Old 11-05-2019, 01:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue seems a good server for slow burn players. Problem is slow burn players play for an hour or two maybe 4 times a month. Their limited play timemmakes it unlikely they cross paths.

I suggest you send tells to pretty much any character online explaining you are a level x class y and ask if they have an alt in that level range interested in visiting zone z.
Yeah good point. Good for people who like that kind of thing. But green ended blue as a functional server. A massively multiplayer game is meant to have massive amounts of people. I wish them the best. For those us beta testers (hey, where was THAT written?) who feel left in the lurch, there are MUDs.
Old 11-05-2019, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Speaking of short-term and long-term ... the "Blue is dead" folks in this thread are thinking incredibly short-term.

Blue is NOT dead. It's not even on life support. It's simply having a great vacation period, and during that period it's easier than it ever has been to find that rare mob you've always wanted. Think of it like that, and enjoy this brief vacation while it lasts, because ...

... the server is absolutely not going anywhere! As time goes on, a very significant percentage of the Bluebies currently playing on Green will absolutely go back to playing their Blue characters. Heck, at some point (and this might be six months or six years) the staff will add custom content, and I can guarantee the server will experience a resurgence then (if not long before).

If you think otherwise, you're just being ... well ... short-sighted.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread