Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 12:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
wont green get a wipe before it goes live though?
Yes. But there is something wrong with all of us.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Still is a good idea to do the whole banded thing. That way the OP will have the plan worked out well for the actual launch and can get up to making banded faster for green [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-17-2019, 12:33 PM
Fire Giant

Beta, where beta things happen.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Beta, where beta things happen.
Other stuff happens too
Old 10-17-2019, 12:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ultimate cringe thread. TLDR OP is a massive douche bag
So far OP has set a goal and he's delivered. I'm involved in Project Banded, and it leaves a sour taste in my mouth to see posts like this.

Just who do you think you are? Coming in here with your profile pic of an angry lion and calling Aenor names.

Looking at your profile pic, it seems to me your just a big ol pussy!
Old 10-17-2019, 05:19 PM
Sarnak

I will definately be looking for Aenor and helping all I can with this project when green launches. Banded is great armor for a young server! Esp for classes like ranger that cant wear past chain.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Don't make me sick my bodyguard Seungkyu on you.

Edit: On Silveron now if anybody needs a set in Freeport.
Last edited by AenorVZ; 10-17-2019 at 06:48 PM..
Old 10-18-2019, 11:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magusfire24 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I will definately be looking for Aenor and helping all I can with this project when green launches. Banded is great armor for a young server! Esp for classes like ranger that cant wear past chain.
At launch there is very little plate anyway. Banded is pretty much the best for all classes until Rubicite, which is wearable by all chain classes.

I think this is a cool project, but it does make me kind of sad inside, kind of trivializing the earlier levels of the game. Of course anyone can choose to not do it, but whe you've got people in full banded in blackburrow, but you're in full cloth, that's not a very classic feel. It's not how the game was in March of 1999 (Isn't that the point of this launch?!
Old 10-18-2019, 11:47 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It's really not as hard to get a set of banded on your own as you might think. I've been messing around with a few characters and seeing how blacksmithing works for both and I was easily able to get to banded on my Barbarian by lvl 10. On my Ogre, who seems to make much more money in Feerrot than my Barb could in Everfrost, had nearly high enough black smithing to start banded by level 5. It's really not that bad. I think anyone could do it by lvl 15 and still have enough money for all the spells they need, etc.
Old 10-18-2019, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At launch there is very little plate anyway. Banded is pretty much the best for all classes until Rubicite, which is wearable by all chain classes.

I think this is a cool project, but it does make me kind of sad inside, kind of trivializing the earlier levels of the game. Of course anyone can choose to not do it, but whe you've got people in full banded in blackburrow, but you're in full cloth, that's not a very classic feel. It's not how the game was in March of 1999 (Isn't that the point of this launch?!
Finally a reasoned objection. To counter, I'll give you my real motivation. One of the game's biggest flaws is that casters can run around in their newbie robes and be 80-90% effective while mele classes are gimped by the lack of AC at low levels. By making banded widely available at low levels, its easier for people to pick mele and have more class diversity as the server opens. What makes me sad is 60% of the server being mages and necros. That's not how the game was in 1999 either.
Closed Thread