Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually logged in a couple other people's characters for this reason.
Don't forget to strip/delete them.

That way you can blame big pappa 'gean if they come back to missing toons.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know. Feels pretty weird. just to free up some names we are gonna risk deleting someone's hard work? Hrmmm.
You did read the part about the characters being under level 10, right?
It's not only that the characters have been inactive since the first of the year; it's also that they are sub level 10. They need to meet both requirements.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You did read the part about the characters being under level 10, right?
It's not only that the characters have been inactive since the first of the year; it's also that they are sub level 10. They need to meet both requirements.
EC mules tend to be under level 10. So if I was a very active player a year and half ago and I'm taking a break, when I log in a month from now I'm going to be very surprised. However, all I have to do is petition for those guys and I'm good.
Old 10-14-2019, 10:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EC mules tend to be under level 10. So if I was a very active player a year and half ago and I'm taking a break, when I log in a month from now I'm going to be very surprised. However, all I have to do is petition for those guys and I'm good.
That is correct.

The point I was making is that all the characters who will potentially be erased are under level 10. I know it is relative, but "all their hard work erased" seems a bit dramatic for a character under level 10.
Old 10-14-2019, 11:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, IF someone else picks your EC mule's name, while he's deleted, you could lose it. But personally I won't lose any sleep if someone's mule, that they haven't even played in 3/4 of a year, has to be renamed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

I see a lot of old inactive mules being wiped but in the end they will bring them back through petitions so not truly lost, just more of an inconvenience.

I wonder what kind of cool names will be freed up, hopefully people don't just make account after account of names they then attempt to sell.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hopefully people don't just make account after account of names they then attempt to sell.
Heh, well if they do they'll likely get caught, and then the names will go into the banned pile to be freed up in another future wipe ... maybe ten years from now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honestly I think the staff should auto-free up banned names, but only after a certain period of time. You don't want a situation where Bob defrauds Fred, then Fred sees Bob a couple months later and starts cussing him out ... but really Bob isn't Bob, he's Ted, who just took the name Bob (after the original Bob got banned for defrauding).

But if they wait (say) a year to "auto-free-up" a banned name, it would avoid that.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hopefully people don't just make account after account of names they then attempt to sell.
There have been a few queries in the past from people regarding the selling of "cool" names.

But, names are like children, sometimes; they are really only interesting or clever to the makers. Everyone else kind of just deadpans, "heh".
Old 10-14-2019, 02:36 PM
Sarnak

> They have not been logged into since January 1st, 2019.

... what? Does this mean before or after?
Old 10-14-2019, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
> They have not been logged into since January 1st, 2019.

... what? Does this mean before or after?
Characters under level 10 that haven't been logged in since Jan 1st.
Closed Thread