Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 05:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taiwan was Japanese at the time of the nucleation(s),
How dare you make me learn something today?
Vorkas- 33 Gnome Warrior <Castle>
Hake - 50 Human Monk <Castle>
Xykz -43 Iksar Warrior<Ancient Blood>
Old 12-14-2021, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Taiwan was Japanese at the time of the nucleation(s), and you should compare GDP per capita.

Also 2nd world means communists thx
Even GDP per capita isn't necessarily relevant across a lot of countries due to their size and other factors.

https://www.worldometers.info/gdp/gdp-per-capita/

If you look here, the USA is only led by much smaller countries that benefit from the protection of the United States, with the exception of UAE, Kuait, and Quatar which are all inflated heavily due to oil money. Hong Kong is the weirdest one since it was considered western until very recently, so that is a unique case. This is why just looking at basic statistics is never the whole picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The article gave per captia I also showed you gun violence world wide stats per captia.

That means the overall population, doesn't matter.

I'm not your mommy, I don't think you're a bright special little boy, I know you're an idiot. So I don't give a shit about your opinion, if you cannot support anything your stating with any facts or statistics, then you're wrong. That is how debate works, you're just too stupid to realize you lost and keep coming back like a wack-a-mole.
Show me your evidence to suggest there is any way to compare a per capita rate in a country with 25 million people vs. 330 million people. It doesn't exist. You are comparing apples to oranges and you think you are not.
Old 12-14-2021, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Default now memes

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2021, 05:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even GDP per capita isn't necessarily relevant across a lot of countries due to their size and other factors.

If you look here, the USA is only led by much smaller countries that benefit from the protection of the United States, with the exception of UAE, Kuait, and Quatar which are all inflated heavily due to oil money. Hong Kong is the weirdest one since it was considered western until very recently, so that is a unique case. This is why just looking at basic statistics is never the whole picture.

Show me your evidence to suggest there is any way to compare a per capita rate in a country with 25 million people vs. 330 million people. It doesn't exist. You are comparing apples to oranges and you think you are not.
OMG you are so dumb you don't even know what per captia means!
Old 12-14-2021, 05:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OMG you are so dumb you don't even know what per captia means!
I know what it means, the problem is you assume per capita matters[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] For example, the per capita rate of homicide in Australia is 0.9 per 100,000 people. The per capita rate of homicide in America is 14.4 per 100,000 people. What per capita doesn't tell you is America has 330 million people, and Australia has 25 million people.

You must first prove that if you suddenly added 300 million people to Australia, the per capita rate would remain the same. You can't do it lol.
Old 12-14-2021, 05:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know what it means, the problem is you assume per capita matters[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] For example, the per capita rate of homicide in Australia is 0.9 per 100,000 people. The per capita rate of homicide in America is 14.4 per 100,000 people. What per capita doesn't tell you is America has 330 million people, and Australia has 25 million people.

You must first prove that if you suddenly added 300 million people to Australia, the per capita rate would remain the same. You can't do it lol.
That is like asking me to prove the world is round, you're the only idiot here that doesn't get it.
Old 12-14-2021, 05:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That is like asking me to prove the world is round, you're the only idiot here that doesn't get it.
More insults, no proof. Got it[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You are very bad at this.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

From Investopedia (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/percapita.asp):
KEY TAKEAWAYS
Per capita is a term used in economic and statistical analysis that means per person.
Per capita is used when comparing a certain economic metric to a population.
The most common instances of per capita are gross domestic product (GDP) per capita and income per capita.
Per capita information provides more granular data than just aggregate information. It is often used as an apples to apples comparison between countries with different population sizes.
Per capita information is often contrasted with median information, which provides a clearer picture as it considers outliers.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by svevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From Investopedia (https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/percapita.asp):
KEY TAKEAWAYS
Per capita is a term used in economic and statistical analysis that means per person.
Per capita is used when comparing a certain economic metric to a population.
The most common instances of per capita are gross domestic product (GDP) per capita and income per capita.
Per capita information provides more granular data than just aggregate information. It is often used as an apples to apples comparison between countries with different population sizes.
Per capita information is often contrasted with median information, which provides a clearer picture as it considers outliers.
Yes, we use it as a metric to compare countries, but that doesn't mean it is a GOOD metric. I never argued that we use it as a metric lol.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Yes, we use it as a metric to compare countries, but that doesn't mean it is a GOOD metric. I never argued that we use it as a metric lol.
So, what do you consider a better metric?
Closed Thread