Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2021, 06:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, we use it as a metric to compare countries, but that doesn't mean it is a GOOD metric. I never argued that we use it as a metric lol.
LOL yea you want to argue facts with your opinions, btw if you think I will ever tire of berating you, you're sadly mistaken.

This is like cocaine and waffles for me.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL yea you want to argue facts with your opinions, btw if you think I will ever tire of berating you, you're sadly mistaken.

I thought that was powdered sugar!
Vorkas- 33 Gnome Warrior <Castle>
Hake - 50 Human Monk <Castle>
Xykz -43 Iksar Warrior<Ancient Blood>
Old 12-14-2021, 06:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by svevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, what do you consider a better metric?
Honestly, we do NOT have any valid metrics that can accurately compare countries. That is the reality. Because of this, people are heavily inclined to read too much into these sorts of comparisons, and draw impossible conclusions.

It is just like I mentioned above about per capita GDP. The only countries above the USA are small countries that are heavily benefiting from the USA's protection, or countries that have massive oil reserves, which inflate their numbers. The world is not simple enough to run basic comparisons like this and make conclusions.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by svevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought that was powdered sugar!
A common misconception.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly, we do NOT have any valid metrics that can accurately compare countries. That is the reality. Because of this, people are heavily inclined to read too much into these sorts of comparisons, and draw impossible conclusions.

It is just like I mentioned above about per capita GDP. The only countries above the USA are small countries that are heavily benefiting from the USA's protection, or countries that have massive oil reserves, which inflate their numbers. The world is not simple enough to run basic comparisons like this and make conclusions.
It's hard to have gun violence at scale if you lack a right/freedom to gun ownership(Westminster).

It might be the Aussie murder rate is lower due to all the shark, spider, snake, crocodile, dingo, and roo deaths those people endure yearly.

Humans need an enemy other than each other.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Guy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only sad thing here is your inflated ego telling you that you are "beating me". You clearly have no intention of having a real debate or conversation.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to have gun violence at scale if you lack a right/freedom to gun ownership.

It might be the Aussie murder rate is lower due to all the shark, spider, snake, crocodile, dingo, and roo deaths those people endure yearly.

Humans need an enemy other than each other.
Precisely. As you point out, there are OTHER factors that play into gun violence, besides just guns. Countries are extremely complex and have a large number of factors that can not easily be boiled down into a "per capita" argument.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Well if you won't accept any facts from any known source and believe you're opinion is right regardless of any evidence to the contrary, then you aren't capable of debating via your own admission.

Proving exactly what I stated earlier, you are too stupid to debate with because you lake the basic critical thinking skills to engage in that activity.

But thanks for wasting everyone's time and taking forever to admit what I already knew.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well if you won't accept any facts from any known source and believe you're opinion is right regardless of any evidence to the contrary, then you aren't capable of debating via your own admission.

Proving exactly what I stated earlier, you are too stupid to debate with because you lake the basic critical thinking skills to engage in that activity.

But thanks for wasting everyone's time and taking forever to admit what I already knew.
Weak trolling yet again, more nonsense.

The problem is you are making impossible conclusions from factual statistics. I never denied the fact that the per capita murder rate of Australia is lower than Americas.

The problem is you are drawing fanciful conclusions from the factual data. You are forcing the facts to fit your narrative, which is why you are wrong.
Old 12-14-2021, 06:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's hard to have gun violence at scale if you lack a right/freedom to gun ownership(Westminster).
When you prove the point but are so dumb you don't know you proved the point. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread