Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2023, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

I'm glad I dont use mouse look so its not a problem for me.
I just f9 twice, tap delete a bit to pull the camera back, then angle it a bit better with alt + page up and page down until the camera sits nicely behind my character. Sometimes its a bit rough to see whats behind me but i've learned to deal with it by rotating around with strafe in those situations.

and yes, big shout out to Secrets for doing this project. glad someone decided to do it! looking forward to it!

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 09-01-2023 at 03:54 PM..
Old 09-01-2023, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

what about strafe? on titanium you can bind it to any key

but on takp you gotta ctrl+L/R to strafe

can secrets make strafe a bindable key?
Old 09-02-2023, 04:02 AM
Fire Giant

I wanna know how many people will get pinged for SEQ on PQ while then loading p99 after.
Old 09-02-2023, 05:20 AM
Large Rat

You don't get pinged for SEQ. It either works trivially or it does not.

Like I seriously doubt 99% of players would ever cheat, even if it was trivial. However, what sets p99 above most other emu is that it is not trivial. So, you can either get on that level or you can be an upstart scrub.
Old 09-02-2023, 09:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatta_01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The game play experience is so much better in P99 in regards to smoothness of mouse look and lack of latency. When you move the mouse to look around there is a few hundred ms of lag to the look response.
The client definitely feels a bit jank compared to what people are used to from more modern clients like P99's.

For me it got a lot more manageable after using it for a few hours. Personally I just use first person more often. I also rebound the F9 camera select so I could more easily see around my character while medding.

What's not being mentioned however are the client improvements over P99. The lighting is better and more accurate. The sound/music is better. Elements like name tags are more classic.

Secrets has also said that he's still working on the camera but it might not be improved before launch. He's open sourced the DLL and other people are encouraged to make improvements to it in the meantime.

Regarding cheating, I find it a bit strange that this is being discussed so much here. Every EQ server you've played on has had cheating, including P99. It's unfortunately just been part of the game since the very beginning. But it seems that Secrets will be just as effective at detecting and removing cheaters as P99 is, so I'm not sure why there's so much skepticism here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
crazy to think we will have to wait until 2026 before we get to taste luclin
Yeah this is probably my biggest concern with the server. 2.25 years for Luclin release is rough. We've had 14 years of Vanilla->Velious content on P99.

Another concern I have is with the database. P99 was successful because a lot of work was put into the database before the server launched which made the server feel special compared to other projects. Quarm feels mostly like a PEQ clone and there's already been a lot of low pop PEQ clones. I'd really like to see a lot more people playing on the server and submitting database reports to the Discord.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regarding cheating, I find it a bit strange that this is being discussed so much here. Every EQ server you've played on has had cheating, including P99.
P99 has anti-cheat code built-in; Quarm doesn't. That was the reasons for the discussion.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-02-2023, 11:05 AM
Fire Giant

literally 90% of players here use mq / showeq or box

quarm will be the same, who cares & enjoy the ride

also before the retards swarm saying NAWUH, fucking look around for 5min

(see u on the new box folks)
Old 09-02-2023, 11:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 has anti-cheat code built-in; Quarm doesn't. That was the reasons for the discussion.
Also people were misrepresenting the server as being actively cheat friendly.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-02-2023, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Scanning your PC for names of processes only stops the people who aren't smart enough to rename those processes.

Quarm having different methods of anti-cheat (which might even be more effective) does not mean there's no anti-cheat.
Old 09-02-2023, 12:12 PM
Banned

Interview with Secrets by Octavian (streamer) - nearly two hours long

Tons of Q&A on new server.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1914669025
Interview starts at 01:39:45

Stress test today 9/2 at 3pm EST

>>
Secrets — 08/31/2023 7:01 AM
We'll be using every character in the tests for reservations, and they'll be granted by time you spend on those characters.

We are doing this in a way that I'll take a cohort of time played on beta for any names reserved there and the stress test characters will be their own cohort

Secrets — 08/26/2023 8:49 PM
Name reservations are a beta testing reward based on played time
>>
Closed Thread