Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our society is weird. We still have Puritanical hang-ups about nudity, but at the same time we also have repressed sexuality bursting out all over (including in car designs).

Heck even Disney, a bastion of puritanical culture, allows animations of private parts as long as they aren't too detailed or shown for too long. Don't believe me? Consider the following images, and keep in mind that while they were all likely added by individual risque animators, none of these movies were ever recalled by the Disney corporation:

Personally I'm with JD in thinking our society would be better off with more maturity. Let's allow profanity and nudity on TV after ten like they do in Europe, or allow cartoon nudity (even of children) like they do in Japan. (If you're thinking "how would animated child nudity make a cartoon better" you clearly have never seen the anime Ranma 1/2)

But unfortunately our country was founded in large part by people who were so stuck up the British(!!!) kicked them out, and their legacy still lives on making it almost impossible for us to handle nudity with the maturity that many other countries do.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 12-28-2017 at 06:48 PM..
Old 12-28-2017, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our society is weird. We still have Puritanical hang-ups about nudity, but at the same time we also have repressed sexuality bursting out all over (including in car designs).
Hmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heck even Disney, a bastion of puritanical culture, allows animations of private parts as long as they aren't too detailed or shown for too long. Don't believe me? Consider the following images, and keep in mind that while they were all likely added by individual risque animators, none of these movies were ever recalled by the Disney corporation:
It is known.

Quote:
Personally I'm with JD in thinking our society would be better off with more maturity.
I am getting too old for this.

Quote:
Let's allow profanity and nudity on TV after ten like they do in Europe, or allow cartoon nudity (even of children) like they do in Japan. (If you're thinking "how would animated child nudity make a cartoon better" you clearly have never seen the anime Ranma 1/2)
I would not watch that.

Quote:
But unfortunately our country was founded in large part by people who were so stuck up the British(!!!) kicked them out, and their legacy still lives on making it almost impossible for us to handle nudity with the maturity that many other countries do.
Drawing penises on things is something young boys do for fun. Just the other day I had to kick some skateboarders off company property and one them replied that if I let him stay he would perform felatio for me. I just shook my head at them while they rolled away laughing, on to the next spot to get booted from.

Note: While I think this is not what you were pointing to I say it anyway because the OP thread is about this. Our culture is ours and theirs is theirs, I see this as being respectful.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:00 PM
Banned

from the artist:

Quote:
“Many of my murals, including these, are about not feeling ashamed of your body and who you are as a sexual being. You can be a woman with a (penis) and a man with a (vagina) at the same time. Or something else—whatever you want to be. It is all up to yourself, and not society, to decide what gender you are,” Falkholt wrote.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
from the artist:

"You can be a woman with a (penis) and a man with a (vagina) at the same time."
No.

Society didn't make it that way, nature did. They can go argue at and punch trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are no chicks with dicks, only dudes with tits ~ wise forum troll
The tiddies were picked up as a means of defeating the chicks who think they have dicks and the manginas wanting to ride your tip. Battle of text, the penis was getting overwhelmed by weirdness.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No.

Society didn't make it that way, nature did. They can go argue at and punch trees.
Gender is a social construct. There are a lot people born with male genitalia that "act like women"...so what's the point of not calling them women? What's between a person's legs matters mostly if your about to fuck 'em...otherwise its kind of none of your business.

We also came up with other genders...but I think Men/Women/Queer will be the only widely used categories for a long while.

It's almost all social. The vast majority of behavior is environmentally not biologically-determined. These are facts.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:43 PM
Banned

i don't mind being polite and supportive, but...

guess i better not finish that thought. wouldn't want to get bullied.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokesan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i don't mind being polite and supportive, but...

guess i better not finish that thought. wouldn't want to get bullied.
Woke. Remember that correct action begins with correct thinking.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:57 PM
Fire Giant

JD, why is the gender of the chimps and bonobos important (stress on what gender dominates or does so-and-so) but unimportant / a construct, in humans?

And then again, I would tend to agree with you, but then why is it important to be called a woman when "being a woman" is just a social construct. Why can't you be a biological male and fulfil any social role you wish without contradicting biological evidences of what gender you were born in?

How can gender be so important based on how pointless it is? I'm always confused at this argument.

(PS; don't overread between the lines, if it's all black or white I am more of a libtard like you than a white cisgender male conservative redneck - I'm legit asking)

(Edit: also, nice dick @OP lol. As a european/japanese I was shocked to see it removed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Last edited by Nagoya; 12-28-2017 at 11:00 PM..
Old 12-28-2017, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
JD, why is the gender of the chimps and bonobos important (stress on what gender dominates or does so-and-so) but unimportant / a construct, in humans?

And then again, I would tend to agree with you, but then why is it important to be called a woman when "being a woman" is just a social construct. Why can't you be a biological male and fulfil any social role you wish without contradicting biological evidences of what gender you were born in?

How can gender be so important based on how pointless it is? I'm always confused at this argument.

(PS; don't overread between the lines, if it's all black or white I am more of a libtard like you than a white cisgender male conservative redneck - I'm legit asking)

(Edit: also, nice dick @OP lol. As a european/japanese I was shocked to see it removed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] )
Two male or female bonobos will have sex with each other. This is basically unheard of with chimps. Patriarchal societies lend themselves to homophobia. So I'm not sure how much more important gender (by which you seem to mean which sex organs your born with) is with apes than humans.

We are more intelligent than bonobos. Probably not to the degree we think -- but it still seems obvious. This will make all our social behavior more correspondingly complex. We can even use our brains to initiate biological change; hormone therapy or the way we use weightlifting systematically to trigger natural change are examples. I guess what I'm getting at, is humans probably do a better job of socially/functionally "fitting-in" with females (for example), when they are born with male sex organs but want to be female.

We do have born sexual anatomy differences (that are non-binary btw) -- that overwhelmingly come out as male or female. We used to call that gender now we don't. It's a semantic issue.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 12-28-2017 at 11:22 PM..
Closed Thread