Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-23-2020, 03:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janlain's ghost [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After an install on a new pc the game will rarely randomly lock up. when that happens the screen will be frozen, but I can still hear game sounds (running, spell casting...) but screen is just frozen. At this point if I minimize the screen it will be just a black screen when I open it back up.

This will always happen if I hit ctrl alt delete to open task manager... when I alt tab back game frozen. If I open task manager before starting EQ I can alt tab to it, and back to game without any freezing.

Any ideas?
You can try & open the Task Manager with Ctrl+Shift+Escape and let us know if game still freezes
Old 05-08-2020, 08:26 PM
Aviak

this is happening to me constantly

alt enter rarely fixes and just sends me out most of the time
Old 05-09-2020, 04:30 AM
Orc

Old pc died a while ago. took small break from game. Built a new nice pc and started playing P99 again, game been randomly freezing up on me. I can tab out of freezed game and /q out but the P99 screen itself is frozen.