Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 08-23-2012, 02:20 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You aren't some classic everquest sage.
I am on some subjects sir and some mobs do have higher resists than others. For instance, the ancient cyclops in south ro was immune to fire which is not working here either. Another example, which I would debate if people would be having the same argument with me is the stone spider being immune to magic.

I didn't just use ice spear and draught of ice on the ancient cyclops in Velious because I felt like it, or didn't have sunstrike.

When we hash these out, I'll move on to other things on my check list in assisting this project.

In the meantime lazor, go spawn the stone spider and try magic on it... or try the same on a spite golem in plane of hate.

Class dismissed.
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-23-2012 at 02:25 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 01:16 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are aggro to a guard, sergeant slate has an enormous aggro radius. A distance from where Tolus spawns to about halfway to the opposite wall (where Nektulos forest is) is about accurate.
Needs researching on eqmac or maybe even eqlive. We do have the ability to add different assist radii for npcs. For example, the dragoons in Overthere have a much larger assist radius than aggro radius. Perhaps this is a similar situation.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:35 AM
Banned

If that counts as evidence for Slate, I'll see what I can get going.

I believe this should apply to all guards and the reason why it was very hard if not impossible in most areas on PvP servers to attack people in some parts of towns, whereas on EQemu I have been able to get away with murder pretty much anywhere.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

Gonna have to agree, as a troll SK on rallos slate and guards in general killed me more times then I can count. Here, you can run between the troll guards flanking the tunnel leading to grobb and not get agro.
Old 08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Banned

I'm going to dread setting up everything for EQ mac and grinding something (maybe a mage) to 24. Hopefully someone casting thorns in Unrest is ready to be pals.

I've spoken to people here and discovered slate is indeed light blue at level 60, so he's going to be a fun classic element to see returned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

"Fuck! Slate!" (immediately begin strafe running and jumping)

Kaukaz, the warrior botb winner on Rallos, was the first player I saw xp on these guards. He did so with a PGT + bladed thulian claw =).

Slate was also notorious for "interrupting PvP" and saving the training robe of a many a newbie under a hail of fire bolts at inn 1.

The same goes for the resist rates on North Ro guards. It's gonna be hard to get a char to 50 I think on EQMac but maybe that will pay off in the future as I do research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gonna have to agree, as a troll SK on rallos slate and guards in general killed me more times then I can count. Here, you can run between the troll guards flanking the tunnel leading to grobb and not get agro.
Yes! These specific guards were solo'd by druids for quite some time. I had the SK twink I mentioned before and a shaman I played a while (Rubum - his link is broken... damnit) make their starting money off looting their shields and necklaces, and even fine steel when the druid in question killed a last one and went to sell with full bags. Killing these troll guards was especially prevalent before the patch limiting damage done to kited NPCs by dots. In another patch, I noted that they are changed to be magic immune, regenerate insane hit points and receive a tremendous stat boost. Coming anywhere I'd say within... half of an offensive spell cast would cause the one you were closest to to aggro.. and then... well all of the ones on the left side came, sometimes even the ones on the right side under the other tent too iirc. Being able to walk right through them uninvis should jump off the page at some of you other old timers too.

Here is another mob I recall being extremely, extremely magic resistant regardless of level that isn't the stone spider or a spite golem:

Dorn in North Ro

Try fighting him here with a lvl 21 rogue in about classic gear and see if he either completely murders you or if it's a close fight:

Quote:
I am a level 21 Rogue. If you are below 24, DO NOT FIGHT THIS GUY ALONE! I undinged from 20 to 19, 4 seperate times! He conned green to me! Also, I undinged once from the dragoon guy in West Commons. These two guys share one thing in common.. They are members of the Indigo Brotherhood. I hate the Indigo Brotherhood. Mwaahaaahaahhaa...just wait Dorn...soon I will be 30 and you will stand no chance! hahaha!!!!
-Alkuhol
Rogue of the 21st degree, Master Pickpoket
More:
Quote:
Ok, here's the scoop. This guy hits for 30+ almost everytime. He is also very hard to hit. A group of 5 lvl 12+ can take him pretty easily, but don't go rushing into things. If not done right he'll slaughter ur whole group in a matter of seconds.
Perhaps someone can test him and make an NPC mechanic thread for him as well? I don't have a 20-24 rogue here to try its luck... but GMs can /level themselves and summon gear!

Hopefully this has caused some of your classic EQ senses out there to tingle a bit. Sergeant Slate, like him, is what we called an "undercon".
Last edited by Nirgon; 08-27-2012 at 04:48 PM..
Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Banned

Any update on making Dorn and Slate badass?

Upgrading Slate's aggro range?
Old 05-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Banned

Bump slate aggro range? Have evidence in OP:

Quote:
"It seems when you pull him by being in KOS range, Slate tends to join the fight more often than not, no matter how long its been since slate left.(guards have a more advanced telepath than an average NPC)."

Also the guard assist radius is brought up here (bolded 4u).
Old 05-12-2014, 09:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sergeant Slate was the bane of evil races in the common lands. Anyone who played a dark race in that era surely has a Sergeant Slate story, typically he "almost came outta nowhere".

He should also be very highly magic resistant. I recall spamming several roots even as a 50 wizard before one landed and not for a very substantial duration either.

The very high magic/spell resists should go for the North Ro guards as well.

A druid in his 40s or so obviously struggling to bring down the big man:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting how you use evidence that he was "the bane of evil races", yet you found absolutely none of that regarding Guard Ledshin instagibbing invis dark races at the WFP gatehouse.

Interesting. Very interesting.
Old 05-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Banned

Ew you again.

You'll be lucky to find anything sometimes out there.

This one's well known [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

Let's say that druid is lvl 42. Try killing slate with a 42 druid here nuking with fire strike... you'll see a big difference between that screen shot result and this one.

More to the point Slate absolutely and definitely had a huge assist radius if you were messing with one of the other guards, and his aggro radius even if you weren't was also rather large.

Guards were special npcs pal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Old 05-15-2014, 01:19 AM
Banned

Source
Quote:
I kinda hit to kill this guy, on my de mage. It seems that tolus is much easier of a kill than reskin, because reskin is kind of in the middle of where slate walks, and whenever i attack reskin slate usually chases me away from outta no where =( anywho, yah when he has a weapon it is fs, and my highest amount of money loot is 3pp 8 gp and 8 sp and some cp.

Quote:
Just watch out for Slate...

Quote:
so i just cast away at this guy and hope slate isnt anywhere near

Now messing with the other guard, source

Quote:
Sergent slate killed me SOO much, he could be all the way to the first inn and somehow knew I was killing his enlisted guard friend.
Almost every single post about Reskin and Tolus being killed mentions Slate having a huge assist radius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Interesting. Very interesting.
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-15-2014 at 01:22 AM..