Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Aviak

I'm new here but can I just say that the Project 1999 has faithfully recreated the experience of reading the old Verant forums [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kckelley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have thought this quite a few times while reading the boards since I came aboard. Luckily in game it hasn't been nearly that bad. So far.
It won't. The more time i spend in-game as opposed to the forums, the more happy I am with the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:02 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumamgar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not true, I've checked it with debugging repeatedly. In fact what happens is:

Example mob worth 1000 xp.

One person killing one mob gets 1000xp.

Six people killing six mobs get 6600xp (which equates to 1100xp per player before normalization).

If all six players are the same level and are class/race combinations without any XP modifier then all six players will get 1100xp each.

However, if the group is again the same level, but has some penalties etc, it works out like this:

Code:
Race        Class    Per Mob  For Six 
---------   -------  -------  ------- 
Human       Cleric     162       974 
Ogre        Warrior    174      1042 
Halfling    Rogue      142       851 
Erudite     Wizard     180      1083 
Barbarian   Shaman     171      1026 
Half-elf    Ranger     271      1624 
---------   -------  -------  -------
Total                 1100      6600
So except for the Human Cleric and the Halfing Rogue, all members of the group earn more XP for killing 6 mobs while grouped than they did killing one mob solo.

The benefits of solo'ing vs. grouping depend on a lot of factors, but from a raw XP perspective, if the group can consistently kill 6 mobs in the amount of time the solo'er kills one mob, the group will earn faster XP over time.
How on earth do you end up with those values. From the chart listed in the FAQ rogues and halflings have an exp bonus, not penalty. Can someone explain how on earth he comes up with these numbers?
Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarniwooop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How on earth do you end up with those values. From the chart listed in the FAQ rogues and halflings have an exp bonus, not penalty. Can someone explain how on earth he comes up with these numbers?
Rogues and Halflings do have an exp bonus.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1002

What are the experience penalties/bonuses?
By Race:
Troll -20%
Iksar -20%
Ogre -15%
Barbarian -5%
Halfling +5%

By Class:
Paladin / Shadowknight / Ranger / Bard -40%
Monk -20%
Wizard / Magician / Enchanter / Necromancer -10%
Rogue +9%
Warrior +10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Kobold

That's my point. Why does the rogue get an exp penalty in the above example?

I'm not meaning to derail other discussion (although this should be a very dead horse), but I cannot for the life of me why the class with the bonus is the one receiving the least exp in the above example.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
So, if you're grouped the exp gets spread around so everyone levels at the same rate (without figuring in race exp penalties).
Yagear stated the above. I do not think it is accurate and would love a source. I don't think mobs give you a % of level i think they give you a set # of EXP points that gets modified by Zone/Race/class/#in group.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:14 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarniwooop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's my point. Why does the rogue get an exp penalty in the above example?

I'm not meaning to derail other discussion (although this should be a very dead horse), but I cannot for the life of me why the class with the bonus is the one receiving the least exp in the above example.
It's not a penalty. It requires less exp for them to level. They receive less exp. They level faster.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yagear stated the above. I do not think it is accurate and would love a source. I don't think mobs give you a % of level i think they give you a set # of EXP points that gets modified by Zone/Race/class/#in group.
It's what this whole topic about, shared experience in a group, I just used parses to prove it.

Everyone shares exp in a group, which will level everyone at approximately the same rate. For example, a mob that give 1.25% exp to a SK, would give 1.25% exp to a rogue if they were grouped. Rogues need less exp to get that 1.25%.. so they'd get a smaller piece of the overall pie.

The shared exp in groups was designed by Verant so hybrids weren't left behind while leveling with their friends by 'borrowing' experience from group-mates to compensate for their class penalties.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holkan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the race and class xp penalties aren't that bad for groups and dont really slow you down that much. What makes your xp awful is having people not around your level in your group.
This

In fact you could have 5 iksar/troll sk's and 1 cleric killing the same mobs as a well balanced group, but if the well balanced group varies by 8 or 10 levels or so it will be far slower.

Just be sure to keep groups around 4 levels, it gets a little looser post 50 but is pretty noticeable at 8 levels difference from lowest to highest. In my experience.
Old 07-18-2011, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

What is this? Necro day?
Closed Thread