Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 12:57 AM
Banned

What about wizard and shaman, and shadow knight. or indoor monk/warrior/rogue, trying to balance eq would end in utter fail and saying one expansion made pvp more balanced than others also doesn't make sense.

There's also people who play underpowered classes for the challenge, or pve benefit.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:00 AM
Banned

Druid, shit, you ever hear of pumice man.

Just release the pvp server with luclin and aa's and give all rangers archer mastery and bow for redic dmg then casters wont be an issue.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a veteran of EQ PvP for years, as well as many other PvP games. I sure hope you don't intend to make a classic era PvP server without dedicating tons of time and resources towards PvP balance.

No offense, but classic EQ PvP would be broken as all hell. It wasn't until the later expansions that a sudo-class balance came into effect. What someone earlier said "PvP... casters rejoice!" is true. Classic PvP would be nothing but mages, necros, and druids running up, dotting (or pet attack) and running away.

I love EQ. I love PvP. Please don't give us a broken joke of a server.
Mages do well early. Comparitively, about this same time in P99's timeline, your mage would be easy pickin's already. I guess you could just reroll, but I hear thats alot of exping.

I hope any perceived imabalance wouldn't delay the release of this server beyond March.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:48 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mages do well early. Comparitively, about this same time in P99's timeline, your mage would be easy pickin's already. I guess you could just reroll, but I hear thats alot of exping.

I hope any perceived imabalance wouldn't delay the release of this server beyond March.
I was just using mages as an example. Though typically the majority of PvP players will play a solo class to PvE level.

Of course all of this is subject to the server rules: level range, deity based, or free for all.

For 'perceived' imbalance, Classic EQ is notorious for imbalance between classes (pretty much everyone agrees that class balance gradually gets better in Kunark and Velious). We have tons of posts talking about how all the solo classes (mages, necros) seem to be a hands-down better alternative to rolling something like a ranger.

However, balance right now is geared towards PvE. Classic EQ has ZERO balance gone into it towards PvP. Explain to me how, on equal footing, a warrior is supposed to take down a SK.

At least TZ/VZ and other PvP servers tried on EQEmu have been based on PEQ coding, which plays on PoP era inter-class balance.

Like a lot of other PvP servers on EQEmu it'll probably be fun for the first month or so, but after that without significant efforts from the devs there will be a lot of pissed off people.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
He did not even say he was going to do it let lol. March ....

<< Hassel the Hoff - Druid of the 55th Grind >>
<< Kassel the Koff - Monk of the 52st Train >>
Old 03-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Sarnak

I'd roll an enchanter on this thing just to whirl lock people and make them cry. It would have to be race-war/guild-war or something for it to be any fun though.
Old 03-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Sarnak

Melée classes with good resist gear can be straight up beast mode i'n eq pvp... Resist buffs from your friends help too..

Yah.. A warrior running around solo i'n shit gear is gonna get trounced... But people learn,evolve, and make a way outta no way..

Don't think that it will just be a bunch of casters rolling face on the melée...

The speculations from people here are ridiculous... If anyone is actually from the orig tzvzrz servers then you would remener that mellee can really mess people up with the right gear
Last edited by Badmartigan; 03-20-2011 at 05:17 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-20-2011, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He did not even say he was going to do it let lol. March ....
You might want to re-read this thread. You might discover something you missed.

And to anyone concerned about pvp balance- over time it all balances out. If you are worried about mages vs. rangers, when kunark comes out, you won't be. When Velious comes out, Rangers can kill 3 mages at once.

So if you want to make a mage, make it. It won't matter very long at all- 3 months tops.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain to me how, on equal footing, a warrior is supposed to take down a SK.

Like a lot of other PvP servers on EQEmu it'll probably be fun for the first month or so, but after that without significant efforts from the devs there will be a lot of pissed off people.
If said war and sk have high end resist gear and 2h weapons, its mostly a jousting competition. Assuming "equal footing" means gear and not skill, you as a veteran pkr war, you should probably kill any sk who is mediocre at pvp.

Anyone who is pissed off because they chose a class they aren't having fun at in pvp has only themselves to be pissed at.

I understand your points, and they aren't totally meritless. It just seems like you are using a narrow view point to make your claims. If I was afraid of losing a 1 vs. 1, I would find a friend and make it 2 vs. 1. If you think eqpvp is a series of 1 vs. 1's in a circle marked with chalk, with handshakes before and back slaps afterward and everything is fair, you are confused. Being a veteran pvp'r you already know that. I guess I'm confused as to why you want to make your points from such a narrow viewpoint.

A ranger vs a mage in a dungeon near a zoneline could easily go to the ranger on day 1. And it will only get worse for the mage every day after that. There are so many ways to even things up, so many strats. I know you already know this, I am just making sure anyone else who doesn't know as much as you will not get confused.

Anyone who makes a mage either likes mages or is sacrificing their future for the present, or they plan to reroll later. Releasing an emu server obviously isn't going to be perfect. I wouldn't let that keep me from releasing one, nor would i let that keep me from picking the class I wanted to play in pvp once it is released. I played a pvp enchanter on live for goodness sake.
Old 03-20-2011, 03:53 PM
Banned

i like to play clerics and i cant kill a necro 1v1, imo nerf necros...

lol, thats the argument u guys are making... classes arent balanced for 1v1, or to be balanced in all environments, or to prevent yourself from getting ganked while trying to solo a mob.

this is open world pvp, something none of you have ever experienced unless you played on a zek server back in the day, or played UO and maybe even shadowbane. its not wow arena pvp
Closed Thread