Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Where were you soapboxers when gothic circle was monopolizing manastone? Rofl.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is trying to deny anyone anything chief. There are a lot of people in guilds, and it takes a while to get items for every person. Also, if a mob camp yields a sellable resource, and a group of people see it as worthwhile to exploit that, then they are going to try and keep it locked to enjoy the fruits of a continuous resource..

Not everything is about you bro.

Even if they were trying to deny other groups something, who are you to say that that goes against the original theme of everquest? Why is that the end of the story? Just because you say so?

Chutzpah & hubris imho.

truth
Old 04-16-2011, 06:27 AM
Aviak

this sort of thing is why people play on this server
Old 04-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkeye [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this sort of thing is why people play on this server
what sort of thing? people being mean and inconsiderately hording internet pixels because they can at the detriment of others? or the forward thinking Lets-make-this-better-for-everybody-can-do-attitude?
Old 04-16-2011, 06:38 AM
Kobold

it has nothing to do with being mean. as a matter of fact it has nothing to do with you at all. get over yourself pal.

its a matter of equipping the guild first, thats it.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Kobold

Move the named to a different location, make people dungeon crawl and explore places all over again to discover the loot.

Just like Classic.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

But I don't care how anyone tries to spin it. A guild - or any group for that matter - deliberately monopolizing a camp for the purposes of DENYING others the opportunity to gain the loot from that camp is bullshit and goes against the original theme of the game. End of story.
Fair enough. Maybe not everyone agrees but I also think it's unacceptable to camp something only so that you can delete the loot. As far as I know that's not what's happening here, and you have no evidence to think that it is. Instead of making things up that you have no basis for, why don't you respond in some meaningful way to the people who disagree with you? Lots of reasonable people have posted in this thread and all you've done is ignore them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Move the named to a different location, make people dungeon crawl and explore places all over again to discover the loot.

Just like Classic.
You're right - changing the game entirely to be different from classic, will make it feel more like classic.
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 04-16-2011, 03:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're right - changing the game entirely to be different from classic, will make it feel more like classic.
Sorry, but I fail to see how moving the named spawn to a different location in the same dungeon would be "changing the game entirely".

It'd be a small non-classic change that would have an enormous impact to make the game-play feel more like it was back in 99/00. I'd argue that it would make it more classic.

Re-introduce dungeon crawling, exploring, etc. No more skipping 90% of the content to camp a single room in a dungeon where years of experience has shown a named will spawn 15% of the time and drop your valuable loot item 25% of the time.

OH no! We'd have to search for stuff like people did back in classic!
Last edited by yaeger; 04-16-2011 at 03:15 PM..
Old 04-16-2011, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaeger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, but I fail to see how moving the named spawn to a different location in the same dungeon would be "changing the game entirely".

It'd be a small non-classic change that would have an enormous impact to make the game-play feel more like it was back in 99/00. I'd argue that it would make it more classic.

Re-introduce dungeon crawling, exploring, etc. No more skipping 90% of the content to camp a single room in a dungeon where years of experience has shown a named will spawn 15% of the time and drop your valuable loot item 25% of the time.

I hear what you saying, but the devs probably won't go for this [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You see, its "the spirit of classic" on one hand and "the classic content" on the other.

And while the "content" can be replicated to the letter, the "spirit" couldn't.
One or the other have to be sacrificed...

Honestly, I am a person who more cares for the "spirit" rather than the "content", but re-incarnation of eq spirit would be better done in a whole new custom server project, which would look similar to Classic, but different just enough to bring back the novelty, exploration and the unknown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

It would take less than 24 hours of a multi-guild concerted effort (i.e. mass dungeonrape) to find that game-changing item camp again, and then you'd be back in the same situation.

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread