Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 04:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It would take less than 24 hours of a multi-guild concerted effort (i.e. mass dungeonrape) to find that game-changing item camp again, and then you'd be back in the same situation.
Now require that for each and every dungeon & item through Kunark/Classic/Velious and it'll be just like 1999/2000.

Give those big guilds something to do.

On the other hand, would be a nightmare for the devs.
Last edited by yaeger; 04-16-2011 at 04:30 PM..
Old 04-17-2011, 12:01 PM
Sarnak

Mage friend and I have been in Droga for the past four days. Yesterday we asked if we could get into the camp once they were done.

"I dunno, we have guildies interested in the camp."

Same as yesterday, and the day before.

Got to talking to someone who was camping it, and he said that the entire guild is on a list to get the camp. The entire guild.

Cool guys, great job.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:03 PM
Sarnak

just take the camp screw their guild
Old 04-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fix is in the game itself, named mob which has itemx should spawn in other locations so there isn't really a way to lock him down unless you lock down the entire zone. I always thought Naggy or Vox should spawn in other zones.
the (original... current?) concept behind this server was to emulate the EQ live experience as much as possible. Unfortunately the dilema is that everyone knows which items get nerfed when (making it impossible to re-create a true live clone btw). Either way that would be a fundamental change to this game that many would not be down with.

But I digress...

The major guilds on the server have locked down most every valued item, and DEFINITELY all the items that get nerfed/taken out. Each of those guilds are probably bickering about their own respective queue's, so its hard if not impossible for people to get those items even when they are in the guild that has the camp. But even so, these guilds do fumble. Server down-time is a great chance for you to log in and snag a camp. Or even just literally waiting at the spawn until they go afk or whatever. This is an extremely hardcore bunch, so even if you are in a guild... you need to be dead-fucking serious about getting these items if you want them.

The idea of a nice peaceful line for that fungi staff u want is... not realistic.

I'm afraid your options are limited if you'd like some of those rare items:
  • Guild up (best chance IMO, do it now if you want a shot)
  • Absurd dedication (required even w/ guild.. prolly 3x if you aren't)
  • pony up the plat (these items aint cheap though)
Last edited by randal.flagg; 04-17-2011 at 12:26 PM..
Old 04-17-2011, 12:20 PM
Aviak

problem i see -
in classic we didn't know about these items so they weren't locked down. that also means you didn't know about the items and wouldn't have camped them either. so accept that this is a really buffed classic and everything is just 10x the pain in the ass it use to be.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mipstien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
problem i see -
in classic we didn't know about these items so they weren't locked down. that also means you didn't know about the items and wouldn't have camped them either. so accept that this is a really buffed classic and everything is just 10x the pain in the ass it use to be.
ha, great minds think alike... dead on
Old 04-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is trying to deny anyone anything chief. There are a lot of people in guilds, and it takes a while to get items for every person. Also, if a mob camp yields a sellable resource, and a group of people see it as worthwhile to exploit that, then they are going to try and keep it locked to enjoy the fruits of a continuous resource..

Not everything is about you bro.

Even if they were trying to deny other groups something, who are you to say that that goes against the original theme of everquest? Why is that the end of the story? Just because you say so?

Chutzpah & hubris imho.
RE: There are a lot of people in guilds, and it takes a while to get items for every person. Also, if a mob camp yields a sellable resource, and a group of people see it as worthwhile to exploit that, then they are going to try and keep it locked to enjoy the fruits of a continuous resource..

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth here. You can't claim the lockout is just to get items for every person and at the same time say that people are locking out to exploit it (which is almost certainly the truth of the matter for some items, like the COS for instance).

RE: Not everything is about you bro.

I can't believe that you have the chutzpah to say this. What is going on with these camps is very much a function of selfishness. I'm not the one keeping people out of these camps. Chutzpah indeed.

RE: ...who are you to say that that goes against the original theme of everquest?

Me? I'm a nobody. Just someone that played the original EQ from the second day of launch for 6 solid years. I know nothing about the way the server was. I've been around for a while, but I know nothing about the nature of the board games and muds that this game was derived from.

RE: Why is that the end of the story? Just because you say so?

It's a manner of expression. Give me a break. If you have to try that hard to find exception to what I said, methink thou doth protest too much.

The more I think about this, the more I think the rule of allowing the current controller of the camp to completely dicate how it gets passed on needs ammendment. It seems as if it would be more reasonable to require the next people in line to be present when handing over a camp.
Old 04-17-2011, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
RE: There are a lot of people in guilds, and it takes a while to get items for every person. Also, if a mob camp yields a sellable resource, and a group of people see it as worthwhile to exploit that, then they are going to try and keep it locked to enjoy the fruits of a continuous resource..

You are talking out of both sides of your mouth here. You can't claim the lockout is just to get items for every person and at the same time say that people are locking out to exploit it (which is almost certainly the truth of the matter for some items, like the COS for instance).

RE: Not everything is about you bro.

I can't believe that you have the chutzpah to say this. What is going on with these camps is very much a function of selfishness. I'm not the one keeping people out of these camps. Chutzpah indeed.

RE: ...who are you to say that that goes against the original theme of everquest?

Me? I'm a nobody. Just someone that played the original EQ from the second day of launch for 6 solid years. I know nothing about the way the server was. I've been around for a while, but I know nothing about the nature of the board games and muds that this game was derived from.

RE: Why is that the end of the story? Just because you say so?

It's a manner of expression. Give me a break. If you have to try that hard to find exception to what I said, methink thou doth protest too much.

The more I think about this, the more I think the rule of allowing the current controller of the camp to completely dicate how it gets passed on needs ammendment. It seems as if it would be more reasonable to require the next people in line to be present when handing over a camp.
You guys are completely missing the implications of what you're trying to advocate.

You want some system where people who just show up at a camp must be put in line for it, but what about the idea of group balance? Or does this only apply to easy camps? Who determines what's an easy camp? Do you expect the GMs to sit down and write up some list of what camps being camped by what levels would require people to be allowed in the group just because they showed up? Or do you want to put more strain on GMs and have them constantly having to go to these hot spots and arbitrarily decide if the group is holding easily and if they should force them to let some other guy in?

The bottom line is, if a group is camping an area, at what point does it become "fair" for you to be forced into their group? At what point does it become "fair" to push the group out of their camp? Oh, right, it never becomes fair to do either of those things. Not at the CoS camp, not at the tstaff camp.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottbiscuits Dreadmuffin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mage friend and I have been in Droga for the past four days. Yesterday we asked if we could get into the camp once they were done.

"I dunno, we have guildies interested in the camp."

Same as yesterday, and the day before.

Got to talking to someone who was camping it, and he said that the entire guild is on a list to get the camp. The entire guild.

Cool guys, great job.
make it a rule, that the ONLY people who can be put on the list are those who physically present at the camp spot AT ALL TIME - if they not here or they left the dungeon - they NOT on the list [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Any one who arrives after you - is placed behind you in the wait line
Last edited by Kika Maslyaka; 04-17-2011 at 01:18 PM..
Old 04-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are completely missing the implications of what you're trying to advocate.

You want some system where people who just show up at a camp must be put in line for it, but what about the idea of group balance? Or does this only apply to easy camps? Who determines what's an easy camp? Do you expect the GMs to sit down and write up some list of what camps being camped by what levels would require people to be allowed in the group just because they showed up? Or do you want to put more strain on GMs and have them constantly having to go to these hot spots and arbitrarily decide if the group is holding easily and if they should force them to let some other guy in?

The bottom line is, if a group is camping an area, at what point does it become "fair" for you to be forced into their group? At what point does it become "fair" to push the group out of their camp? Oh, right, it never becomes fair to do either of those things. Not at the CoS camp, not at the tstaff camp.
Actually, I am advocating something a bit different from what the OP outlined. I am in favor of requiring a person or persons to be present in order to have the "right" to take the camp - any camp, not just some special camp. This is already what is happening in places like SRo, for the AC camp. If nobody is physically waiting then sure, a camp holder can tell guildies, friends or others that the camp is about to be freed up and they should come and get it.

I'm not talking about making a list or a line. I expect the GMs to do nothing in this reguard. It's ludicrous to think that they should make lists. If multiple persons or groups really want to physically sit there for multiple groups ahead of them to take their turn, then more power to them. I suspect that this won't happen much though.

I am also not talking about the "share" policy that existed on live. I don't think you should have to let anyone join the group that asks to.

The current policy puts the power for saying who goes next into the hands of the current camp holder. This does not guarantee that there will never be disputes that a GM might have to hear. The change I am advocating is very little or no additional burden on the GMs nor is it changing anything about the way a current campholder will play they game.