Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I feel I should add in here, what SHOULD you do if you have a CSR answer you do not like.

I would say the best thing is first and foremost, remember we are volunteers, you don't pay a sub, please don't act like you do.

What that means is be patient, be respectful, don't treat staff badly. Next, you should remember the previous sentence, and make a petition post in our petitions forum detailing your situation. Our petitions forum is visible to all staff and is the BEST way to get an escalation to myself or to Sirken if needed.
Are you saying we shouldn't trust 'resolved' petitions and we should rephrase closed petitions because decisions can be flip flopped?

If I had a petition and it was resolved I would assume the matter was final and I wouldn't see the reason in pursuing it further. At most I would make a light hearted RNF on the matter, I certainly wouldn't entertain making the same petition again in the hope of having another revoked.

Is there flipflop for flimflammed jimjams?
Old 11-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you saying we shouldn't trust 'resolved' petitions and we should rephrase closed petitions because decisions can be flip flopped?

If I had a petition and it was resolved I would assume the matter was final and I wouldn't see the reason in pursuing it further. At most I would make a light hearted RNF on the matter, I certainly wouldn't entertain making the same petition again in the hope of having another revoked.

Is there flipflop for flimflammed jimjams?
It's honestly worse to petition a second time when you don't like your first answer. That's a good way to get on Rogean's bad side.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:53 PM
Former Guide

Hah no, what I'm saying is you certainly can appeal a staff call.

The only time this is not the case is in the event of a camp dispute as that is a call made a tthe time, in game, and is not debatable.

You always have the option of escalation.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Making an RNF about it just makes the person who originally gave you an answer mad because now his decision and reasoning is made public, which leads to his power being judged publicly. Then usually the rest of the staff will learn about it and rub their sacks on you, but overall the answer they originally gave you won't change either way, but at least this way you won't invoke the wrath of lord Rogean
Old 11-19-2015, 04:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braknar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only time this is not the case is in the event of a camp dispute as that is a call made a tthe time, in game, and is not debatable.

So how would I know if my "appeal" is even being considered at this point? Or is it safe to assume the answer I got was unjust yet final?
Old 11-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

He will probably rub his sack on you too though for making an RNF post and crying about pixels, but that's to be expected.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
ABSOLUTE WORSE
worst*
Old 11-19-2015, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Making an RNF about it just makes the person who originally gave you an answer mad because now his decision and reasoning is made public, which leads to his power being judged publicly. Then usually the rest of the staff will learn about it and rub their sacks on you, but overall the answer they originally gave you won't change either way, but at least this way you won't invoke the wrath of lord Rogean
Thank you for your input ^.^
Old 11-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for your input ^.^
I've seen it happen enough times to know
Old 11-19-2015, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Ah! 'Appeal a staff call', that is a better way to put it!

So how do we appeal a staff call? It seems you've ruled out using the petition forum to do so. Thanks for the speedy reply by the way!
Closed Thread