Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 03:10 PM
Banned

Sounds like she's playing games with you, from what I read it's most likely because you're allowing her to take control. It's a shit test like 99% of everything irrational women do, my advice is endearingly rough her up a bit in bed give her a firm smack on the ass and then go play your fuckin video games. Also, Classic is gay you didn't miss anything.
Old 09-07-2020, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wutaan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds like she's playing games with you, from what I read it's most likely because you're allowing her to take control. It's a shit test like 99% of everything irrational women do, my advice is endearingly rough her up a bit in bed give her a firm smack on the ass and then go play your fuckin video games. Also, Classic is gay you didn't miss anything.
alpha[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 09-07-2020, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your wife has deeply-rooted childhood feelings of abandonment by her parents both messing around with their computers instead of spending time with her.

"Mommy want to play tea party with me?"

"Sorry, honey... gotta log into the BBS and play some Trade Wars 2002!"

So the second you want time on the computer, she feels the abandonment and playing second fiddle to a computer for attention all over again. I feel like this might require some couples therapy to help her work through you playing the computer for a few hours a night is not abandoning her... it is simply a personal hobby where you get some "you time" in the marriage, and she's even welcome to join you if she wants so you are still spending time with her.

But yeah, she needs to understand that preventing you from enjoying a hobby because of baggage she has from her childhood isn't fair to you.
What Yendor said.

-------------

As a bandaid, you can try playing P1999 on a tablet. I'm not 100% sure it's possible, but I heard a rumor. Might keep her from feeling triggered.

As a second bandaid - you can try to get her to play again. But this time sell it as a social activity. Get in discord with a few guild pals and form an alt group, with people talking/chilling over headsets chatting about random stuff. Then it's not a her-you thing, it's a beat-social-isolation by making pals and playing together as a large group thing. That makes it different than Diablo in a better way.

If that doesn't work - you could possibly try to set a routine/schedule of together time so everyone has expectations on even keel. If she knows you'll be hanging out in the evening with her on Mon/Wed/Friday night to watch Netflix/Diablo, and you'll be having some recharge time on Tue/Thur/Sat.. she's more likely to schedule a zoom call with a friend on Tue/Thur/Sat, and not feel lonely or that you "chose" a game over her. There won't be any choosing because it's a routine you both talked about and agreed to.

Good luck!
Old 09-07-2020, 04:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You sound like a happy fella. I have lots of money.
[60 Oracle] Angerclaw (Barbarian) <Old World>
[60 Assassin] Kennie Kardashian (Dwarf) <Old World>
[60 Grandmaster] Moogoo Gai`Pan (Iksar) <Old World>
[60 Crusader] Stunning Likemydaddy (Dwarf) <Old World>
[60 Virtuoso] Smello Asselerando (Half Elf) <Old World>
[60 Warlock] Zlandicarmelo Anthony (Iksar) <Old World>
[60 Phantasmist] Enchanty Bobanty (Gnome) <Old World>
[60 Hierophant] Drewid Guildmaster (Halfling) <Old World>

In everquest maybe
Old 09-07-2020, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeaolena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What Yendor said.

-------------

As a bandaid, you can try playing P1999 on a tablet. I'm not 100% sure it's possible, but I heard a rumor. Might keep her from feeling triggered.

As a second bandaid - you can try to get her to play again. But this time sell it as a social activity. Get in discord with a few guild pals and form an alt group, with people talking/chilling over headsets chatting about random stuff. Then it's not a her-you thing, it's a beat-social-isolation by making pals and playing together as a large group thing. That makes it different than Diablo in a better way.

If that doesn't work - you could possibly try to set a routine/schedule of together time so everyone has expectations on even keel. If she knows you'll be hanging out in the evening with her on Mon/Wed/Friday night to watch Netflix/Diablo, and you'll be having some recharge time on Tue/Thur/Sat.. she's more likely to schedule a zoom call with a friend on Tue/Thur/Sat, and not feel lonely or that you "chose" a game over her. There won't be any choosing because it's a routine you both talked about and agreed to.

Good luck!
This is what a pussy would post

know what you should do? Get on tinder or bumble and start giggling for hours on late night phonecalls with girls that will tune her right up i promise

Also open another bank account and start transferring money into it so she seems the statements, guaranteed attitude adjustment
Old 09-07-2020, 04:53 PM
Sarnak

If you have children, DON'T put them thru a divorce. My parents did and it screwed up my siblings and me. I would never do that to children.
If you decide to split the sheets, you need to let everyone who came to your wedding ceremony know. You did after all promise before them that you would stick together. Be sure to tell them it's over a 20 year old video game. I'm sure they will understand.
Old 09-07-2020, 04:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[60 Oracle] Angerclaw (Barbarian) <Old World>
[60 Assassin] Kennie Kardashian (Dwarf) <Old World>
[60 Grandmaster] Moogoo Gai`Pan (Iksar) <Old World>
[60 Crusader] Stunning Likemydaddy (Dwarf) <Old World>
[60 Virtuoso] Smello Asselerando (Half Elf) <Old World>
[60 Warlock] Zlandicarmelo Anthony (Iksar) <Old World>
[60 Phantasmist] Enchanty Bobanty (Gnome) <Old World>
[60 Hierophant] Drewid Guildmaster (Halfling) <Old World>

In everquest maybe
And in real life, bigsham loser.
Old 09-07-2020, 05:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

know what you should do? Get on tinder or bumble and start giggling for hours on late night phonecalls with girls that will tune her right up i promise

Also open another bank account and start transferring money into it so she seems the statements, guaranteed attitude adjustment
https://i.imgur.com/mZbf4lb.jpg
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 09-07-2020, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
LOL, Aeaolena... does your husband know you're a puppy??!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 09-07-2020, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Arrow

Oops, damn autocorrect!!!

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Closed Thread