Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2020, 01:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

teaching grades 1-12 shouldnt require an overpriced 4-12 year education. teacher is one of the easiest jobs in the world, you just have to be smarter than children. children aren't that smart. thanks norm.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsuchang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm 75 years old. When I was young, back in the 60s, The teachers were complaining that they didn't make enough money and wanted a pay raise.
Fast forward to just a few minutes ago, I got a phone call asking if I was going to vote for or against the raising of tax to fund a pay raise for teachers.
The folks who become teachers, went to college, knowing that they were not going to be paid a high salary. If they didn't know that, they were not smart enough to be teachers.
I have cousins who have retired from teaching, they made it their career. They went to teacher colleges got degrees and continued their education while they worked but still, they complained that they didn't make enough.
When I got out of the Air Force after 12 years, I got a job and scraped by. When a better job came along that paid more I moved to that job. I did that all my working life. If you think you aren't making enough, get a job that pays more.
If the teachers are not intelligent enough to do even that when they feel underpaid, should they be teaching?
hey can i have your platinum when you die?
Old 09-18-2020, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoggren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Post proof or you're full of shit.
https://bsd405.org/wp-content/pdf/cb...y-schedule.pdf
Old 09-18-2020, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

And adding https://bsd405.org/wp-content/pdf/cb...y-schedule.pdf

These are base 9 month incomes. Add more for summer school, tutoring, etc.
Old 09-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Banned

Most pub school teachers are full blown alcoholics/drug users/sex offenders. Thats why they like that3 month off and that tenure. Don't send your kids to government day care
Old 09-18-2020, 01:59 PM
Sarnak

My point is, it is a low paying job, they know it is a low paying job, they go to college to get a low paying job. Then they complain that it is a low paying job. That isn't very bright.
All the other "stuff" you have posted about what you think my point is, is you projecting your opinion onto me. You can keep it, I don't want it. I have enough of my own hangups.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just noticed the thread title contains the word "SHCOOL".

What was the deal with school teachers in 1959? Maybe we should have paid them better back then?
A typo. Ya gota work harder than that.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

OP is one of the reasons Americans are dumber than the rest of the world.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

And so is anyone else who thinks not having a good education system which rewards the best isn't a good thing. You want dominance to stay in America? Get good teachers.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And so is anyone else who thinks not having a good education system which rewards the best isn't a good thing. You want dominance to stay in America? Get good teachers.
If the teachers didn't have a singular/linear thought process about how the world should be I'd put more faith in them. A good education system would be awesome but how each of us defines what is good varies so wildly it's going to take a cultural change to agree on what good means.

My neck of the woods definition of good: STEM focused diploma with 1,000+ hours of STEM extra-circulars over 4 years followed by a STEM degree and a path to work at one of the STEM companies starting at $100k+/year. Everything else and your kid and the parent by extension are failures at life.
Closed Thread