Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-19-2018, 08:47 PM
Large Rat

Default Ran into a wall with trying to get the game to run.

Yes, so I have installed EQ Titanium, erased the specified files, and downloaded the files from project 1999. Then I get the error messages.

"you cannot attach a debugger while playing project 1999"

and..

"Windows cannot find the eqgame"

I read some older posts that recommend to turn off the virus protection programs. Tried that, same message. I am not a real tech guy, but any advice would be nice. I am running win10. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-21-2018, 07:19 AM
Aviak

What are you doing that leads to those error messages? Launch the game via eqgame.exe?
Old 09-21-2018, 07:49 AM
Banned

I am not a computer person... But, i just installed P99 on my laptop yesterday, and had to use the "Launch Titanium" file to open EQ. It was in the Sony/EQ folder.. Try starting the game up with that?
Old 09-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, so I have installed EQ Titanium, erased the specified files, and downloaded the files from project 1999. Then I get the error messages.

and..

"Windows cannot find the eqgame"

I read some older posts that recommend to turn off the virus protection programs. Tried that, same message. I am not a real tech guy, but any advice would be nice. I am running win10. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These forums are great for troubleshooting, but I also suggest reaching out to the Facebook P99 community. Pretty much the same people, but it is easier to help live trouble shoot via Facebook messenger.
Old 09-21-2018, 02:50 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not a computer person... But, i just installed P99 on my laptop yesterday, and had to use the "Launch Titanium" file to open EQ. It was in the Sony/EQ folder.. Try starting the game up with that?
Yep tried that, it was a no go.

I've tried everything on the forums.

"What are you doing that leads to those error messages? Launch the game via eqgame.exe?"

Tried that also.
Old 09-22-2018, 01:24 AM
Large Rat

Okay I uninstalled it and ran it (three installs) three times. Third time is the charm. It actually gave me the same error on the third time...but I clicked it again and it worked....Now, to get full screen without the program booting me to my desktop..is a 1080ti overkill? The graphics like very "shiny", and the shadows are long lol
Last edited by beerhappy; 09-22-2018 at 01:27 AM..
Old 09-24-2018, 09:38 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerhappy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
:
This problem has already been answered in multiple threads here.
It's most likley your Anti-Virus software.
Make sure your game isn't in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) and create an Exception for your EQ directory in your Anti-Virus Program.