Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default UI Mod tools

Are there any resources or tools for editing/making UI's? Or just like some decent documentation on all the XML options?

It's a pain in the ass making a change then testing it and repeating. Figure there has got to be a tool to make this a bit easier.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

None that I've ever come across, I've always just used Notepad++ and tons of examples from eqinterface.com
Just be sure to search by date and look at UIs titanium timeline and lower.

I know what you mean about reloading to see changes. And after so many reloads it crashes the client.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Kobold

SidlWidl is really the only option. It is really buggy, but it allows you to move specific items around in specific windows and see the results without being in game. A lot of it doesn't work right and the project was abandoned 15+ years ago without ever being completed.

As Baler mentioned, Notepad++ and a hotkey to reload in game are what will benefit you the most though. I've never had a problem with crashing after reloading to much like a lot of people have, it may depend on the Titanium install you have or something like that.

In your Default UI folder there is a .doc file called "AboutSIDL" from the EQLive devs that gives a short run down on the XML that works with Titanium. The best way to learn is reverse engineering other UI's.