Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 02:52 AM
Sarnak

NPC AC is too low is what I meant just to be clear - PC dps seems really high on him. I would like to point out that in other tests of AoW he has owned tanks, although I'm not sure if it's as fast as classic.

I just looked at our Tunare fight (not the 4 guild one) - I do see her regenning a bit, but it's not insane. Ie maybe her regen needs to be bumped up to be say, like Yelinak's if she classically had high regen.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Method it would be impossible for the Avatar of War to 1-round a defensive tank. His absolute max damage per round is 5600 or so, and that will almost never happen (quad roll + flurry roll + quad roll + 8x hit rolls + 8x max damage rolls). The standard CH rot for the AoW was 2s, right? At 2k dps the average cheal is 4000.

I think the biggest differences between here and live are the rock solid internet connections everyone has (so no one ever missed CH rounds) and the monstrous number of epic rogues. And unfortunately the Avatar of War is just extremely zergable without an AOE; all the giants will be. It's just going to be a matter of having enough defensive warriors, clerics, and dps to beat them down.

I'd love to see both the Statue and the AoW get even a small AOE to keep things interesting (like, say, Trunt's proc) but that's not classic. I think the best chance to make him a bit more interesting is to up his AC a lot, and then maybe up his offensive stats slightly in terms of max hit chance, hit chance, flurry chance, cooldown etc. We don't really know how classic AC worked, but the way people will wipe to AoW is when they run out of clerics and defensive warriors.

Also I hope the staff will implement some sort of little 'whenever your pet dies/breaks, the mobs it was attacking get +50 hate for you if they are over L60' or something like that. Classic is 30 mages being able to destroy all of Kael.
Old 03-08-2015, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

The concentration of rogue/monk mains/alts on this server instead of people playing classes like necro/druid/paladins/shadowknights will probably be the biggest factor.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 03-23-2015, 07:00 PM
Kobold

Found this about Tunare, not sure what the encounter is like on beta as I did not participate.

EQlizer - Tunare
Quad hit for up to 950
Flurries and Zonewide Silences
Regenerates at an unmeasurable level
Old 03-23-2015, 07:51 PM
Banned

Ail the Elder does the silence not Tunare

Regen I'm sure needs a tweak dunno how much?
Old 03-23-2015, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

didn't tunare have a knockback aswell? i swear i remember having ogre walls behind the tank on live but been so long i can't remember.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostCause [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
didn't tunare have a knockback aswell? i swear i remember having ogre walls behind the tank on live but been so long i can't remember.
Classic Tunare would knockback the tank and then root the tank away from her causing tunare to switch to the dps and go wild.

Was a challenging part about tunare, and you didn't want her to run OOM cause soon as she did her dps went way up, usually had a couple extra clerics join in on the CH chain soon as she ran oom.
Old 03-23-2015, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

So I only fought classic 1.0 Tunare and don't remember the details too well. I recall she was mobile and never rooted. Her guardians silenced right? Hit for less than rooted/knockback Tunare, like 850 quad/very fast, basically 100% immune to everything?

How is she here? Is my 1.0 recollection right? Is she implemented at 1.0?
Old 03-24-2015, 01:59 AM
Fire Giant

Tunare should be using Power of the Forests and Vengeance of the Glades no matter which version she is.

Both of these spells are instantaneous.

They are also 0 mana, I'm not sure how she would run OOM unless she was casting other spells (I don't think so).

She freight trains your tank, same as AoW.
Old 03-30-2015, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Also, you are going with the permarooted version of Tunare right Nilbog?

If so, be certain permarooted NPCs are not following the same proxy aggro rules as actual spell rooted NPCs.
Closed Thread