Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Default Are you a magician seeking focus/epic drops?

When I was in Najena I saw a lot of people killing magicians (both goblin and normal) looking for torch/stein/broom/shovel and the torn pages. Personally in the like 4 levels I spent in there, killing quite a few "a goblin magician" and some "a magician" along the way, I never saw a single magician drop.

However, in the 2 levels I've been in cazic thule killing alligators, I've already seen 3 torches, 1 stein, 1 broom, and 2 torn page of mastery water.

Just figured I'd give a PSA about it incase I'm not the only one who doesn't see those drop much in Najena.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 06-10-2016 at 01:10 PM..
Old 06-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Agreed. I spent a day killing those gators with my enchanter, and I think I had about 2 of each stein/broom/torch/shovel drop and probably 5-6 torn pages drop.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

I started working Najena at level 16. I had all 4 pages and all but my shovel by level 20. Ended up buying my shovel.

I will agree with the above posters. Cazic drops are more frequent, or at least it seems that way. I heard that at level 16. But those gators are a bit dangerous for that low of a level....I think.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
those gators are a bit dangerous for that low of a level....I think.
The lower-level gators are like 22-23ish, and the higher ones are more like 28-29. So yeah, not a good spot to be unless you're with a group around 20. And the higher gators would be a bit nasty for a solo mage until 34 I think, since you can't get them one at a time.
Old 06-10-2016, 09:08 PM
Fire Giant

Its nice to see you around tecmos
Old 06-11-2016, 12:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its nice to see you around tecmos
Thanks! Having fun leveling my new (well, newer; I started it before Velious but haven't played it since launch day until this week) chanter and making some videos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2016, 03:45 AM
Planar Protector

I levelled a warrior in najena from about 10 to 40 (on red).

I saw two mage items drop ONLY.

I am unsure if it is just a coincidence, but the only magicians that dropped these items for me were the ones in the jail area.

Admittedly I did try to avoid killing magicians on the whole, but even so the components seem inordinately rare in Najena.
Closed Thread