Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Default Tunare Symbol Quests

So I'm on the second quest camping that horrible necromancer. Short question. Does he exist? I've spent a bunch of in game nights killing the bottom step of the obelisk in Lfay during the night time and I've yet to see him. Has anyone completed this quest?
Old 06-03-2016, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I'm on the second quest camping that horrible necromancer. Short question. Does he exist? I've spent a bunch of in game nights killing the bottom step of the obelisk in Lfay during the night time and I've yet to see him. Has anyone completed this quest?
I've killed him twice. He's rare so just keep at it. And don't miss the dark elf courier or you'll spend another 3 days camping the necro again, hating yourself the entire time.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-03-2016, 10:01 AM
Planar Protector

This definitely isn't the priest forum. Opps. I guess he is real. Thanks Sorn, you gave me motivation to try again this morning.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So what I did was drag him to the Teir'dal camp before I killed him. He moves very, very slowly as if they didn't want you do to this. But it was a good thing because I went NW instead of SE initially. I would not suggest doing that unless you have alot of night time left though, cause Larik will despawn on you. I picked the courier up on track about 30 seconds after killing Larik, coming in from the north east of the Teir'dal camp.
Last edited by Cecily; 06-03-2016 at 10:05 AM..
Old 06-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

Grats!

The DE courier spawns near the gfay zoneline and makes a beeline for the Tier`Dal camp. The first time I killed the necro, I got directions mixed up and went north initially instead of south, so I missed him [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

For non-trackers, it's best to bind yourself at the gfay zoneline and gate immediately after killing Larik.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 06-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

love this quest - nice pic Cecily

I had to do this twice for my cleric / druid - it sucked

looks like someone told you how to spawn him tho, I have only seen Larik spawn at 8 pm or midnight. Clear the PH around 3/4 pm game time and it will repop around 8 pm for you to have a chance at him.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:28 AM
Aviak

Is that the area where you find the ghasts for the first part of the quest also?
Closed Thread