Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Fire Giant

Default Classic Everquest Community? I think not!

Damn man, I tell ya this community just isn't the same people I remember having an awesome time with back in the dayyy. It's just all about me, me, me or constant accusations of some sort. Man, guy goes afk for 4 minutes and its all like OHHHHH OHHHHH NOOO MY GODDDDDD HE'S LEACHINGGGG WTFFF.

Or yo can i get a sow?
yeah you could but i won't

Like where's the love? Nahhh man, we've been LFM for the past 3 hours and you still won't invite that guy cuz his class?

again I dunno I remmber the old community bein dope as hell nice and more on the let me help you side then the fuck you side.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Planar Protector

I think it is the opposite here... People back then were ass holes and acted like since they were 45+ they were gods. Here people buff up people all day for free, give out gear and so on. The only the gay shit is with the class's but once u get 20+ people seem to not care as much bout that shit.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Thulghor Send a message via MSN to Thulghor Send a message via Yahoo to Thulghor

Seems like the same old stuff to me. Yeah, people are a bit more aware this time around, but still, you get lots of good folks, and you get a few bad folks. Don't let the asshats tarnish your views of this place. It's actually filled with cool folks.
<The Second Sons> (former member of <Vesica Dei>, <Evoluxa>)

Green Server: Khargulkaronarr - Troll Shadowknight of Cazic Thule - <Asgard>, Mordwin - Human Paladin of Erollisi Marr

(Once Upon a Time: Alarik of the Brell Serilis server)
Old 09-03-2010, 10:16 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

^^^^^^^
THATS GOOD STUFF
Old 09-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Fire Giant

EQ for me was always the good and the bad which made it worth playing. I don't like WoW cause you put together your little group (or maybe only guild members) and you go pay 5 silver or whatever to fly to a dungeon and head into your instance. No one trained you, KSd, etc but you also never saved another person from dying or had them do the same for you and so on.

This is a pretty good recreation of that experience to me. One second someone is buffing up my alt and the next a high level runs right past me fighting a mob with 30 mobs on them who come back after they zone and rape me. One second I'm offering free ports and buffs and the next I'm arguing with someone in tells over a camp (They stole it I swear!).
Old 09-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it is the opposite here... People back then were ass holes and acted like since they were 45+ they were gods.
Maybe they were just assholes to you, people on my server were pretty cool.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:19 AM
Fire Giant

People on this server are pretty cool too mostly. Its shit is just in the forums, wasnt different on live or there was no board where a big part of the community was active. Ingame i meet mostly nice people [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

Send a message via ICQ to Qaedain Send a message via AIM to Qaedain Send a message via MSN to Qaedain

EQFlames, FoH and server boards are particularly salient examples of the theory that forums are a gaming community's cesspool for its angry detritus. Mouth-breathing egoists love to be heard, and the forums are an excellent platform to satisfy that impulse.

See: cyberdisinhibition and negative cognitive bias.
Old 09-04-2010, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread