Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 12:50 PM
Aviak

Default Why I won't be playing Ragefire

XP pots make it pay to win. No thanks.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/...mation.220107/

>Q: Will the Marketplace be available on Ragefire?

Yes, it will. Initially it will only have cosmetic items, XP potions and bags available. When we open Beta for this, we will need your help in making sure that we caught everything.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:55 PM
Sarnak

that + boxing + non-classic zones = formula for disaster
Old 05-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Banned

Default 4 Thumbs down

No Hell Lvl's nor race/class penalties.

Xp Pots?? /facepalm

Twice the XP gain than at launch.

Leader AA's at launch.

No thanks quasi Classic
Old 05-08-2015, 01:11 PM
Planar Protector

Daybreak can't really disable boxing if they want to make it profitable, people going to go wild with those accounts and rake it in.

Agreed though, hard to want to play with all that kind of stuff going on. I wonder if the Station Cash symbol will be on the UI?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Swish; 05-08-2015 at 01:13 PM..
Old 05-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Planar Protector

What people here need to grasp is, the product Daybreak is offering is a progression server.

It will progress through all 22 Expansions of content. It's aimed at attracting players interested in playing all of that content, or atleast a decent chunk of it.

They currently have no desire to lock EQ to a certain timeframe and make a "classic server". So the amount of work that would be required to be put in to emulate classic on a server designed to only be in the "classic" era for a few months to a year isn't worth it to them.

I Expect to see a time locked server at some point in time and expect them to put a bit more effort into making it truly classic when that happens.

Still though - EXP potions need to be nuked. Buying fast track on a brand new progression server is dumb.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:25 PM
Sarnak

you guys still stuck in 1999?

this is how the industry monetizes now.

the whole $9.99 subscription for an MMO with no clear objective and is based on long-term grinding and building a large community of subscribers is long gone.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caridry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that + boxing + non-classic zones = formula for disaster
This + Macroquest will make the community suck.

I came to p99 from live 7 months ago. And ALOT of people used it. It's not policed at all. I don't see that changing on the new server either. Community is what makes this p99 fun. That's what MMO's have lost over the years. And these things will kill it overtime.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is how the industry monetizes now.

the whole $9.99 subscription for an MMO with no clear objective and is based on long-term grinding and building a large community of subscribers is long gone.
Yep, I am still stuck in 1999.. that's why I play p99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Honestly though, Daldaen is right, I see his point 100% The fact of the matter is, I am not paying for something that I will dislike a lot of the options, when I am getting something I completely love, for free.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezalor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure a lot of people here still use AIM, so yes.

Anyway, that thread is a fun read. People QQing about 6 months of classic, not being able to play the race they want, and especially instancing. Should be fun to check in every now and again and see how they're handling world bosses compared to how we'd done it here.
Originally -
Reiguy of Fennin Ro
Tyvix Rex of Sullon Zek.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What people here need to grasp is, the product Daybreak is offering is a progression server.

It will progress through all 22 Expansions of content. It's aimed at attracting players interested in playing all of that content, or atleast a decent chunk of it.
Pretty much this for me. As hard as I have tried I could not get my friends into p 99 even when trying to bribe them with plat and power leveling but they seem stoked for this so hopefully I will have RL friends to enjoy this with.
Closed Thread