Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OK, so maybe I'm a retard.

I read the page on research skill. I spent a good chunk of the day today running all over hell and back (and spending plat to buy stuff) to work on my research, as my training points only got me to skill 45 (level 24) ...and for some reason, the skill number is in red on my skill window display?

Anyhow, I burnt through a STACK each of parchment, bloodstones, & zombie skins in the practice rune thingey (with the quill of course) and didn't get a single skillup. Just a stack of completed practice runes.

I tried one combine in my Elemental Grimoire on my new 24 spells, and of course I 'lack the skills to combine these' and all my mats vanished.

I don't understand? If my level appropriate spells aren't trivial until skill 62 according to the page here, how can doing 20 combines with that set of runes not get a single skillup at 45?
Research is level capped which is why you didnt gain a single point with your 20 combines after already reaching your level cap at trainer
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 05-30-2016, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

Regarding your pets, it s better to find a max research magician to do your fire pets combines since new pets aren t trivial when you can research them.
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 05-30-2016, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

If I remember correctly, making the practice runes themselves does not give you skillups, only combining the Asia and Beza practice runes will give you skillups.

I saved my trainer research points until I was higher level and got skillups early on by hoarding runes, dumpster diving for runes, and making the low level easy mat practice runes. At high levels the mats for the practice runes are silly and not even worth farming whatsoever. The individual runes also get rare later on and it's difficult to get the right sets to craft spells. Also consider that It was on my first toon and I wasn't powerleveling or worrying about getting lvls to camp him at derginz.

<The A-Team>
Closed Thread